PMT Forum
Do you want to make money today? :)

How to Invest in UITF (Unit Investment Trust Funds) - Part 2

iam · 768 · 241596

speqter

My head tells me to invest more but my heart says it may go much further down and NOT COME UP AGAIN. But this never happens!

Would you guys recommend to invest more on equity UITF right now? Or would you recommend instead to wait for more news regarding the US quantitative easing decision?

Also, if the US Federal Reserve finally decides to slow down its monetary stimulus, any guess on how much this will impact the PSEi index? Would it be more than 30% decline in a year?

Wadup

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Would you guys recommend to invest more on equity UITF right now? Or would you recommend instead to wait for more news regarding the US quantitative easing decision?

Also, if the US Federal Reserve finally decides to slow down its monetary stimulus, any guess on how much this will impact the PSEi index? Would it be more than 30% decline in a year?

I've been buying and buying and buying.  Because of the extreme declines due to Yolanda and all the bad press we got.  I've been buying cuz it will get better before year end and early next year.  And if there will be QE tapering by March,  I'll sell EVERYTHING by february!

Then buy slowly again by April!

speqter

I've been buying and buying and buying.  Because of the extreme declines due to Yolanda and all the bad press we got.  I've been buying cuz it will get better before year end and early next year.  And if there will be QE tapering by March,  I'll sell EVERYTHING by february!

Then buy slowly again by April!

Thank you richpulubi!
Which specific UITF are you buying?

sphinxz

• Forum Master 300
Hi, would just like to ask what are the disadvantages of having an ITF UITF account for my daughter?
She is less than a year old and I'm planning to get an ITF account for her for long term investment. need some inputs this.
Thanks

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Thank you richpulubi!
Which specific UITF are you buying?

Equity in BDO, RCBC, PNB, Metrobank, BPI local Asia pacific, and Global, Odyssey.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Hi, would just like to ask what are the disadvantages of having an ITF UITF account for my daughter?
She is less than a year old and I'm planning to get an ITF account for her for long term investment. need some inputs this.
Thanks

How big an amount?  If it's about P100K, then 'donate' it to her, so walang tax problems if, God forbid, something happens to you. ITF still undergoes probate kasi.

sphinxz

• Forum Master 300
^ minimal lang. actually, maguumpisa lang ako sa 5K. part to ng gifts sa kanya during Christening. since relatively napakahaba ng investing horizon nya, plan ko ilagay sa equity fund. ITF para nakapangalan talaga sa kanya and by the time na at least 5 years old sya, makikita na nya ang "result" ng investment "nya" 5 years ago.

fast forward, assuming 18 years old na sya, ma-aauto convert ba ang ITF into a regular account.. her account na talaga?
or need pa ba na ako talaga ang umasikaso para maconvert ito na hindi na maging ITF? will the conversion treat it as the same account or parang invest ulit na masstart ulit ang counting ng minimum holding period?

salamat po

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
^ minimal lang. actually, maguumpisa lang ako sa 5K. part to ng gifts sa kanya during Christening. since relatively napakahaba ng investing horizon nya, plan ko ilagay sa equity fund. ITF para nakapangalan talaga sa kanya and by the time na at least 5 years old sya, makikita na nya ang "result" ng investment "nya" 5 years ago.

fast forward, assuming 18 years old na sya, ma-aauto convert ba ang ITF into a regular account.. her account na talaga?
or need pa ba na ako talaga ang umasikaso para maconvert ito na hindi na maging ITF? will the conversion treat it as the same account or parang invest ulit na masstart ulit ang counting ng minimum holding period?

salamat po

sir, may nahanap akong article about ITF. baka makatulong po. :)

http://retirehappy.ca/use-caution-with-in-trust-accounts-for/

sphinxz

• Forum Master 300

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
Equity in BDO, RCBC, PNB, Metrobank, BPI local Asia pacific, and Global, Odyssey.

Richpulubi, do you buy equity fund on all those mentioned? If so, do you think doing it is too overdiversified?

chinito77

• Forum Master 400

Wow so many sir.. why don't you buy stocks directly instead?  :scratch:

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Richpulubi, do you buy equity fund on all those mentioned? If so, do you think doing it is too overdiversified?

Actually kulang ang pagka-diversified ko, more of local equities.  I know the people they hire to run these funds are more 'experienced' and 'smarter' that I can ever be.  And I've noticed from the years, one fund does good one year, then iba naman the next year.  Kaya, I'm hoping to average them out!

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Wow so many sir.. why don't you buy stocks directly instead?  :scratch:

Iba kasi ang mindset ng entrepreneur sa stock investor.  An entrepreneur needs a whole lot of positive thinking and enthusiasm.  With sheer willpower and intelligent planning, you can control and grow your business.

Sa stocks, you have to be as cold and calculating as a robot.  And no matter how much positive energy you have, baka bumagsak pa rin ang stocks mo!

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Actually kulang ang pagka-diversified ko, more of local equities.  I know the people they hire to run these funds are more 'experienced' and 'smarter' that I can ever be.  And I've noticed from the years, one fund does good one year, then iba naman the next year.  Kaya, I'm hoping to average them out!

As a side note, this is one of the reasons for investing in an index fund.
On average, you will be getting the aggregate performance of all funds.

Still more applicable in the US where there are more funds than listed
companies(daw) and harder to pick the winner.

I myself just choose which ever fund has an "affordable" investment requirement
as my primary criteria, with low fees and convenience as secondary criterias :D

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000

meron na ding ETF baka gusto nyo icheck :D pero mas ok padin direct stocks  :watchuthink:

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500

Kaya lang duda rin ako sa 'index fund' dito...parang hindi passivley invested...but let's see after a few weeks!

ferrariEverest

• VIP 5500
Depende po yun sa fund, Sir. Check nyo yung prospectus kung ano instruments laman ng portfolio. Kahit index fund yata, minsan may halo pa ibang instruments, kung tama pagkaalala ko.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
@richpulubi, you said that BDO planned to offer a dividend-focused fund and
it looks like its now in their web page:
https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/trust-and-investments/unit-investment-trust-funds/bdo-sustainable-dividend-fund

The fee is at 1.25% p.a. though, but I guess it is lower by 0.25% compared to BPI's

Also, the NAVPU is not yet built into the site and BDO
actually links to uitf.com.ph so tada, uitf.com.ph is back online
which I just learned right now.

BDO seems to be awfully quiet about its new funds(there's
another aside from this one)

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
@richpulubi, you said that BDO planned to offer a dividend-focused fund and
it looks like its now in their web page:
https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/trust-and-investments/unit-investment-trust-funds/bdo-sustainable-dividend-fund

The fee is at 1.25% p.a. though, but I guess it is lower by 0.25% compared to BPI's

Also, the NAVPU is not yet built into the site and BDO
actually links to uitf.com.ph so tada, uitf.com.ph is back online
which I just learned right now.

BDO seems to be awfully quiet about its new funds(there's
another aside from this one)

Tingin ko, parang 'soft opening'.  I'm really excited about them and thanks for mentioning it, but I'm giving them a few days more just to see if the fund manager is competent!

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
Tingin ko, parang 'soft opening'.  I'm really excited about them and thanks for mentioning it, but I'm giving them a few days more just to see if the fund manager is competent!

They still have not released the complete list of stocks being invested on each of the fund. I need to see first the lists before I dive into this funds.

I hope the Focused Equity Fund means "less diversified". The BDO Equity Fund just like other average equity funds in the market have about 30 different stocks being invested which may be too diversified.

hunkinvestor

Ang laki ng binaba ng NAVPU ng BDO Equity Fund. Di ko pa din ma-activate ang Trust Fund ko on-line since walang nakalagay ng CMN sa COP ko. Parati na lang tatawag daw sila sa akin ulit, di naman tumatawag. :(

I enrolled sa EIP, kaso parang nakikita ko di ko controlled kung kelan ko gusto mag buy ng addtl shares like ngayon. Pwede ba sa BDO yung transfer mo yung money from savings acct to Trust Fund? Para no need to withdraw na?

Would you advise ba na mag EIP ako? Mas marami ba talaga sya advantages?

Also, how can I track my investment kung wala pa ako CMN and I can't activate my Trust fund online?

Thanks. :)

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
No but I hope they can implement one soon.
Only BPI and PNB among the banks have such a facility.

How long has it been since you reported this issue?
Have you tried escalating this?
Also, how are you contacting BDO? via phone or email?
You might want to try emailing them instead and copy
the trust department as well.

hunkinvestor

No but I hope they can implement one soon.
Only BPI and PNB among the banks have such a facility.

How long has it been since you reported this issue?
Have you tried escalating this?
Also, how are you contacting BDO? via phone or email?
You might want to try emailing them instead and copy
the trust department as well.

About 3 weeks now. I tried calling the call center first then they said wala sila idea kung bakit walang CMN so they gave me the branch telephone number then I called them. It has been thrice already that I tried calling them and they would say the same response na follow-up nila sa main. I went there twice now to follow-up kaso wala na yung nag assist sa akin mag open ng account so I guess this would have to start from scratch again... ibang tao na naman kausap ko e.

Email works better for me, anong email address kaya?

Sorry for the OT. Anyway, tuloy lang ang pagbaba ng NAVPS nya ah. Mukhang before the year ends, we are to see the lowest NAVPS this year. hmmmm...

So at this point, curious lang. Ok pa ba ang may EIP?

gh0st

• Probie
^ depends on your strategy sir.

I cancelled my EIP sa BDO last year. I decided to do manual top-ups na lang since I have time to check the market once in a while. I usually allot 3k per month sa EIP so every 4mos. may COP ako. This year, I'll make sure I still save up or allot at least 40k/year for my UITF account then top-ups once I see market dips.

j_l

Have you guys ever considered buying an ETF, particularly FMETF (sabagay sya lang ang nag-iisa sa market ngayon) rather than mutual funds or UITF. 'Coz halos same lang rin naman na ngayon yun don. Mas less pa ata ang cost/ charges, kasi ikaw mismo na ang mageexecute. Meaning you have full control na sa positions nyo at the same time medyo liquid sya, you can go in and out of the ETF "anytime", all you need is an online stock brokerage account. Wala pang minimum initial investment na 10k, tulad ng ibang UITF. Siguro ang talagang minimum na kailagan nyo lang sundin is yung sa mismong broker. In which 5k lang ang minimum na kailangan to open a trading account tapos you have full control na sa investment mo by just having a computer and an internet connection.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2014, 11:34 PM by j_l »

Lapiz

Hi guys! Need your help here. I now have Php 1M from salary savings. I'm planning to put it under bond or equity UITF or any other investment vehicle. Problem is, I bought a condo and I have a balance of Php 1.5M which I need to pay for 10 years at 8.5% p.a. What is the best way to go about this problem?
            1. Continue with my plan to invest in UITF and just bear the cost of condo loan of 8.5%
            2. Reduce principal by 1M to minimize interest - problem here is that all my money would go into real estate industry. Hence, my assets would not be diversified.

Any opinion, suggestion, comments will be well appreciated.

j_l

Ang laki naman ng interest rate nyan, compared sa ino-offer sa current market natin ngayon. I think you should ask your bank to refinance your loan, and i-keep up to the current interest rates natin ngayon. Unless sabi sa contract na "striclty" fixed ang interest rate mo, or any prohibitions in a certain degree na nakalagay sa contract nyo ng bangko to not readily change it.

All i can say is, there's no real guarantee sa UITF, Mutual Funds, ETF, Stocks, etc. But mas biased towards gaining siya, unless rin na-bankrupt ang stocks ng company na pinanghahawakan mo, if your holding only a single stock (stock market), although it's a bit's rare to find one sa mga stock listed companies na ma-bankrupt or wala* pa ata sa history ng Pilipinas na merong stock listed company na na-bankrupt. Iba naman story sa UITF, Mutual Funds, and ETF* kasi diversified naman yung investment na yon. So if your money is much more needed to pay for your loans in the future, maybe secure a certain amount na lang siguro, to cover at least a couple of years to pay for it para sigurado or reduce the principal na nga lang to a point na siguro kaya na ng part ng salary mo to pay for your loan, without having to pull-out "kagad" some funds na ilalagay mo naman sa investment.

Mahirap na ma-default sa loan maslalo na malaking halaga ang loan mo. Pano kung unexpectedly this year or in the coming years nag-plunge ang stock market "ulit" or worst pa nga negative ang end of year gains nya, edi at loses na investment mo at the same time baka madamay pa ang pagbayad mo ng loan mo sa bangko. Tapos ang supposedly na gains mo sa investment mo, na ipambabayad mo sana sa loan mo or ipandadagdag, naging bato pa kasi at a loss ka nga sa investment mo diba.

I project na tataas na ulit ang benchmark interest rate (decided by the BSP) natin in the near future, pero i believe not in the figures of "maybe 5%" and 6,7% or even close sa 8.5% na interest na binabayaran mo ngayon. Sobrang baba na kasi ng interest rate, all-time low, remember developing economy pa lang tayo hindi developed. Sa Indonesia nga alam ko mga 7% ang benchmark nila, halos parehas lang naman ang structure ng economy natin sa kanila, although mas malaki ang economy nila satin ng 3-4 times and medyo nagkaroon lang sila recently ng mga economic troubles.

Yung inflation rate rin natin tumataas, most especially caused by the recent calamities that we have and the cheap money from the FED are slowly depleting. Yun ang mga possible factors na pwedeng makita ng BSP to decide to increase the interest rate, if not this year, maybe by next. But maybe in small basis points lang siguro, to not shock the economy and ma-affect ang overall growth ng Pilipinas.

Kung mag-iinvest ka, doon ka kung saan may fixed interest rate/ kita sa investment mo, although mukhang walang nag-oofer ng malaking fixed interest rate ngayon, maski time deposit. Or kung mag-iinvest ka sa mga UITF, stocks, etc. dapat kaya mo pa rin makabawi kung malugi ka sa tamang oras na kailangan mo na ng pera, na pati salary mo i-consider mo kung kahit papaano kayang makabayad ng interest ng loan mo kahit hindi mo muna galawin yung investment mo.

Although sabihin na natin mag-iinvest ka nga sa mga ganon, pwede mo namang i-pullout (all or partially) yung money mo kung kailagan mo na. Just keep in mind the minimum holding period sa mga investments, particularly sa UITF/ Mutual funds. Pwede ka naman mag-pullout ng funds don earlier, pero may certain amount of charge nga lang sayo. Sa ETF and stocks wala namang minimum holding period......

Kahit ano mang papasukan mong investment, just make a calculated entry and exit palagi, maslalo na, ang payment ng loan mo rin ang at stake.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2014, 05:03 PM by j_l »

agui

• Forum Tambay 100
Please help po. Newbie here. Seaman po ako na gustong mag invest.
Currently I have life insurance of 1M in manulife.
Wala pa akong health insurance.
I have wife and 2 children.

1. San po magandang mag-invest? Target ko ay at least 5 years for my son's college education.
2. Ilang percent ba ng salary ko kailangan ko invest? (My salary is around 170k+/month for 6 months contract).
3. Ano magandang health insurance?
4. Wala pa akong ibang source of income maybe you can suggest some.

May savings account ako ngaun sa BDO.
SSS pa lng ang inaasahan ko ngaun sa retirement ko.

Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.
By the way I am 34 years old now.

ranne

hi im a newbie in here. i have a friend who had long invested in stock market through metrosec. he later on introduce to me about uitf through metrobank with an initial investment of 25k . can i ask if when could be the  right timing to start investing in uitf as i am looking for a long term investment. i am a student and ive been earning extra income by lending money with an interest yet just like any other business sometimes ive got a hard time collecting them back again

oca1101uk

• Forum Master 300
@ ranne try to read and understand UITF website which is www.uitf.com.ph

I'm trying to compare all the banks and securities, it seems that AB Capital is offering the highest yield if you want to invest in a long term basis

but mga Ka PMTers correct me if I am wrong.

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000
^past performance is no guarantee for future performance. I do not think any bank can offer to provide the highest yield. It is purely based on the performance of their fund managers compared to others. Who can make a guarantee that one fund manager is better than the other? My 2 cents.

oca1101uk

• Forum Master 300
^past performance is no guarantee for future performance. I do not think any bank can offer to provide the highest yield. It is purely based on the performance of their fund managers compared to others. Who can make a guarantee that one fund manager is better than the other? My 2 cents.

Thanks @ DonT, I honestly agree with you. Performance counts...

zer0c0ol21

Thanks @ DonT, I honestly agree with you. Performance counts...

performance counts where?

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000
^Performance of the Fund Manager relative to the other Fund Managers.

joshboz

hi guys ive been lurking for a week now and learned how to invest in uitf from different comments and websites suggested in this forum.. and today i just opened 2 equity products of BDO- sustainable dividend and focused equity....both looks promising from my standpoint :)

cheers

- from joshboz (ofw) of saudi arabia

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
hi guys ive been lurking for a week now and learned how to invest in uitf from different comments and websites suggested in this forum.. and today i just opened 2 equity products of BDO- sustainable dividend and focused equity....both looks promising from my standpoint :)

cheers

- from joshboz (ofw) of saudi arabia

Why these two instead of the BDO equity?

phreyesj23

• Forum Tambay 200
Please help po. Newbie here. Seaman po ako na gustong mag invest.
Currently I have life insurance of 1M in manulife.
Wala pa akong health insurance.
I have wife and 2 children.

1. San po magandang mag-invest? Target ko ay at least 5 years for my son's college education.
2. Ilang percent ba ng salary
ko kailangan ko invest? (My salary is around 170k+/month for 6 months contract).

May savings account ako ngaun sa BDO.
SSS pa lng ang inaasahan ko ngaun sa retirement ko.

Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.
By the way I am 34 years old now.

Laki naman ng sahod mo Sir  :applause:

** Since liquidity in five years ang target nyo, you can invest your money in (A) Time deposit with maturity of 5 years, (B) buy PERA at known banks, minimum I believe is 100K, (C) buy PAGIBIG BONDS almost same with PERA or (D) Mutual Funds or UITF. Highest potential of return (NOT GUARANTEED) of course is with Mutual Funds or UITF, pero highest risk din 'to so there's no assurance na kikita ang pera nyo in 5 years, baka nga mag-negative pa kung masama ang market, depende kung sino papalit kay PNOY.  :hihi: PERA has the safest yet reasonable interest rate among the options I gave you since it's backed by our govt.

[2. Ilang percent ba ng salary ko kailangan ko invest? (My salary is around 170k+/month for 6 months contract).
** Eto basic computation sir, let's say ang tuition ngayon sa school na gusto nio para sa anak nio sa college ay 10,000 per year (maliit nalang para madali sa Math).  :harhar:

Each year, ang value ng pera natin is lumiliit dahil sa tinatawag na "inflation". Ito po yung pagtaas ng bilihin na wala makakapigil kaya ang halaga ng pera ay lumiliit. Ang average annual inflation rate naten sa pinas ay 4%-5%. Let's stick with 4% with your case. So to get how much you need in 5 years from now (2019), add lang naten ang 4% ng current tuition fee which is 10,000 kada taon para makasabay sa inflation:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year    Your Money   4% adjustment due to inflation                  Needed Money
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    10,000    400                                                              10,400
2015    10,400    416                                                             10,816
2016    10,816    432.64                                                       11,249
2017    11,249    449.94                                                       11,699
2018    11,699    467.94                                                       12,167
2019    12,167    486.66                                                       12,653

To make it simple, yung 2,653 po sa  12,653 ay ang halaga na *pwedeng* ibaba ng 10,000 nyo mula ngayon. Kaya para makasabay sa "inflation", kailangan kumita ang pera nyo ng 2653 din para pagdating ng taong 2019, 10,000 pa rin ang halaga na kayang bilhin ng 10,000 at hindi 7,347 na lang.  :watchuthink:

So yung magiging value after 5 years, idivide nio lang sa buwanang sahod nio (i.e. 120 months). Pero if you ask for a specific rule, you might want to try the 80-20 rule or 80% expenses at 20% savings or kung mabait po kayo 70-20-10 or 70% expenses 20% savings and 10% for God. The basic formula is to Save before you Spend or:

Salary - Savings = Expenses

instead of

Salary - Expenses = Savings  :hihi:

** tanungin po ninyo ang Manulife kung pwede ba kayo mag-add ng "rider" sa current insurance nyo ng "hospitalization" or "permanent disability" benefits. kung hindi, un ang hanapin nio. :cool2:

** Marami po, 'yung mag-open ng sariling business ska na siguro tutal nagwo-work pa kayo.  :hihi: I suggest you open Mutual Funds for your retirement, or find a good MLM company that you and your wife can do part-time.  :yoohoo:

Sana nakatulong po ako. Wala kasi sumagot sa inyo sa mga tanong nio  :hihi:

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014, 04:51 PM by phreyesj23 »

joshboz

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
@phreyes, is PERA even available yet? I believe the drafting of the IRR
hit a snag and its been in limbo ever since.

@joshboz, so basically you're investing emotionally as opposed to
rationally. I hope that works out for you. :)

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000
^yup, is there more info on PERA?

@joshboz, hope you had your good vibes after evaluating the difference of the funds and understanding that the particular fund will serve your purpose or goal.

joshboz

hi experts and profs in uitf just want to ask if you one very basic  question? :dunno:

if you go and buy a new uitf fund today 8/5/2014 BEFORE the given cut down time what would be the prevailing price of each NAVPU? is it the price from yesterday that was the most recently posted online ex. as of 8/4/2014 yesterday? or the one which is to be determine  today until the cut off time and will be posted online on the next day 8/6/2014?

i hope my question is clear..  :imsorry:
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 05:11 AM by joshboz »

Terzaghi

• Forum Tambay 100
hi experts and profs in uitf just want to ask if you one very basic  question? :dunno:

if you go and buy a new uitf fund today 8/5/2014 BEFORE the given cut down time what would be the prevailing price of each NAVPU? is it the price from yesterday that was the most recently posted online ex. as of 8/4/2014 yesterday? or the one which is to be determine  today until the cut off time and will be posted online on the next day 8/6/2014?

i hope my question is clear..  :imsorry:

im not an expert but as far as I know, if you order before the cut-off time (different from the market close), the price you'll get would be the closing price (NAVPU) today (Aug 5). but if you posted your order beyond their cut-off time, then the price you'll get would be the closing price on next day.
im not sure how strict they are with the orders posted beyond the cut-off time because there was an instance before that I placed my order just a few minutes past the cut-off time and my order was still done for that day.

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000
^Yes thats correct. the NAV you get is always which comes later. You can never know what the NAV is when you are buying. Same goes with selling.

I don't know how someone could be able to post after cut-off, pero normally they close 30 to 15mins before cutoff...kasi aayusin pa nila yung papers. Sa mga branches na malayo or hindi sanay sa mga placements, they ask an hour or 2 pa nga.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Yep, you will never know the NAVPU you are going to get beforehand.

Terzaghi

• Forum Tambay 100
^Yes thats correct. the NAV you get is always which comes later. You can never know what the NAV is when you are buying. Same goes with selling.

I don't know how someone could be able to post after cut-off, pero normally they close 30 to 15mins before cutoff...kasi aayusin pa nila yung papers. Sa mga branches na malayo or hindi sanay sa mga placements, they ask an hour or 2 pa nga.

possible boss DonT thru online subscription. im just not sure for OTC subscription.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
^
Really? Can you share how?

The equity funds with the latest cut off I know of are BPI funds
with a 230PM cut off and that is still before the end of trading.

I don't see how you can know what the NAV is when trading
hasn't even ended yet.

Although you can GUESS if the NAV will go up or down based
on the current PSEi price.

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000
@mxherr5, so you can still make a booking or placement for UITF at 2pm at BPI?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
According to their website, yes you can. But I haven't tried it yet.
The latest I tried was 130PM

palailai

• Forum Expert 500
@mxherr5, so you can still make a booking or placement for UITF at 2pm at BPI?

Yes, i tried to book even at 2:26pm...ok naman book the same day

DonT

• PMT Idol 1000

poorguy

• Forum Champion 700
i dont know if you guys knows this website www.uitf.com.ph u can check the history of every bank's mutual funds/equities, also includes calculator to somehow give u an idea how much your investment have gained so far.

palailai

• Forum Expert 500
uitf.com para sa uitf funds yan.

pifa.com sa mutual funds

maine_019

Hi Guys,

I would just like to ask if anyone have a BDO sustainable fund. I am interested kasi to open an account for this UITF.

1. Will BDO provide dividends to the investors?
2. Pwede kaya mag open ng UITF even without savings account? If yes, please advise kung kelan sya mgrereflect sa account upon deposit.
3. Once account is funded, automatic ba na mabubuy ung units o floating lang yung money until i buy for units.

Thank you.

Appreciate your feedbacks.

Maine

joshboz

hanson15

Jayumaster

• Forum Champion 700
I don't usually do cost averaging on my UITF. I invest only when I have money. (wala masyadong bala kaya hindi regular) To the masters out there, I have a question:

Since I do not invest regularly, there are times that I took orders when the Navpu is higher. (minsan kinabukasan pagkaplace ng order biglang bumaba ang Navpu kaya nakakahinayang kasi wrong timing, sana ipinagpabukas nalang)

Q:
1. Should I, before investing, consult the PSE analysis/tips/forcasts? (especially the stocks that the particular UITF are invested in?)
2. Should I hold my money to be invested and wait for a good timing? (one week? one month?)
3. Or should I dismiss this idea and just place any day?

Note: Long term po at walang pull-out until retirement. Wala po akong stocks port kasi di masyadong marunong at di regular ang perang pang invest.
Thanks sa mga magbibigay ng advice.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2014, 01:07 AM by Jayumaster »

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
I don't usually do cost averaging on my UITF. I invest only when I have money. (wala masyadong bala kaya hindi regular) To the masters out there, I have a question:

Since I do not invest regularly, there are times that I took orders when the Navpu is higher. (minsan kinabukasan pagkaplace ng order biglang bumaba ang Navpu kaya nakakahinayang kasi wrong timing, sana ipinagpabukas nalang)

Q:
1. Should I, before investing, consult the PSE analysis/tips/forcasts? (especially the stocks that the particular UITF are invested in?)
2. Should I hold my money to be invested and wait for a good timing? (one week? one month?)
3. Or should I dismiss this idea and just place any day?

Note: Long term po at walang pull-out until retirement. Wala po akong stocks port kasi di masyadong marunong at di regular ang perang pang invest.
Thanks sa mga magbibigay ng advice.

First of all, if you're a long term investor, then any day should do.  All these analysts and forecasters will just let you hear what you want to hear. 

Me, personally, I just pay attention to the projections at the START of the year.  Like this year, estimate is about 7,300.  And so, if it goes lower than this, I buy.  If it goes way higher, I sell.  So, I get to sell at a high, before a correction.

Like recently, I got to sell at 7300+, probably 95% of my equity uitf's.  Then I've waited a few weeks, sitting on cash.  Now, I'm buying at every dip!

Kanya kanya yan, pero honestly, I'm too bobo for individual equities. 

Jayumaster

• Forum Champion 700
@richpulubi
Yearly lang po talaga na forecasts? Sell at a high tapos ibalik unti-unti kapag mababa? Taking into consideration the entry and exit fees, diba po parang naka-cancel out din yung gains?
Pasensya napo kasi walang alam. Try kolang sana pagkakitaan yung uitf ko. Parang mahirap din pala. Anyway, I'll take into consideration buying when it is low, and sitting on my cash when it's high. Thank you po. :thankyou:

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
@richpulubi
Yearly lang po talaga na forecasts? Sell at a high tapos ibalik unti-unti kapag mababa? Taking into consideration the entry and exit fees, diba po parang naka-cancel out din yung gains?
Pasensya napo kasi walang alam. Try kolang sana pagkakitaan yung uitf ko. Parang mahirap din pala. Anyway, I'll take into consideration buying when it is low, and sitting on my cash when it's high. Thank you po. :thankyou:

Yup, from my experience, the best forecasts are at the beginning of the year.  Usually, lalampasan ng psei ito midyear, tapos babagsak...like now.  Usually, when the yearly target is reached, analysts will give a HIGHER target for the year...but chances are, they'll be wrong.  Parang they get emotional when the value goes up or down.

Now, I'm buying again...but I'm prepared to keep it there for years if I'm wrong.  Nevertheless, even with fees, I always make money.

And so, I don't be greedy.  Buy a little at a time, then sell when the target for the year is reached. 

Again, I'm not a long term investor when it comes to equities...but if you want to invest for years, just buy anytime.   Don't try to read the market.

Jayumaster

• Forum Champion 700

joshboz

maganda sa uitf mostly walang entry and exit fee unlike mf.. hehehe kanya kanyang diskartebawat investor..2 important things to consider 1. magaling ka pumili ng "MGA" fund managers base sa performance 2. alam mo ang timing sa pagpasok at exit dito :)

keisroa

any idea po sa uitf ng security bank>>>??? i just opened recently sa peso equity.... :) wala po ko makita reviews dito re: secb>>?? any insight

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
keisroa, did you happen to invest in Security Bank's Peso Equity Fund mainly because they had excellent performance year-to-date?

joshboz

just trust them..sb high diviend equity fund and sb peso equity fund is the best performing fund out there. try and see for yourself :)

Jayumaster

• Forum Champion 700
Please keep this thread alive for reference ng mga tulad ko at iba pang nais na matuto ng mas marami.

LiveLoveInvest

• Forum Tambay 100
In choosing a pooled fund investment like mf/uitf, I would go for the one with better returns, consistency, track record and it's ability to act when our stock market is on a bearish state :)

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
^Checkout Security bank equity fund. Last years best performer, 48% if im not mistaken.

I dont know if they can be consistent though. BPI High conviction fund used to be the best, now its the worst. UBP equity fund, i cant remember which year , naging top performer din, but now mediocre at best.

LiveLoveInvest

• Forum Tambay 100
^Checkout Security bank equity fund. Last years best performer, 48% if im not mistaken.

I dont know if they can be consistent though. BPI High conviction fund used to be the best, now its the worst. UBP equity fund, i cant remember which year , naging top performer din, but now mediocre at best.

There's a saying nga diba na "everyone is a genius in a bull market"  :D

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
There's a saying nga diba na "everyone is a genius in a bull market"  :D

Ya, but there are exceptions. Odyssey high conviction is mentally ill even in a bull market. I have a huge huge huge 10k placement  so I know...lol

And last year even everyone is genius, security bank isthe einstein. Haha

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: Happy Saturday! who's online?
    Today at 08:48 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Good Morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 07:34 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Hi Guys, who's online?
    May 29, 2020, 03:08 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    May 28, 2020, 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM