• PMT Idol 1000
In my experience, no.
I tried to redeem at a branch near my office but they
said they don't have my records.(I had invested at
the branch near my home).

When I finally got to the branch near my place,
I noticed that they also looked for their copy of
my COP.(I remember there are three ata color coded
copies of the COP, I'm guessing one for the trust dept.
one for the branch and one for myself).

I didn't push the issue as it wasn't worth it.
So, I'm not sure if they just don't allow it as a practice
but will accommodate if need be or talagang hindi pwede.

ikaela

• Forum Tambay 100
Thank you once again, mxherr5. Sa UCPB kasi pwede DAW at any branch nationwide, but we'll see when I do have to redeem.

I tried opening a UITF account din pala with BPI. But they had problems connecting my savings/settlement account and the UITF account because they're not the same branch. Easy solution was to just open an account with them, but ang haaabaaa ng pila. So I just took it as a sign that I should put my money somewhere else. Alam naman natin how underperforming ang mga funds managed by BPI. :D

freelancer_babe

• Forum Expert 500
For those who have BDO UITFs: Pwede ba mag-redeem ng shares/take profit at ANY BDO branch? I travel around the Philippines a lot kasi, baka ma-tyempuhan na yung time na gusto ko na mag-redeem eh wala ako sa hometown ko. I can't find this info on the BDO website either.

Yup, agree with mxherr. They told me hindi.

Actually for me it's a good thing - to avoid any temptations.

It happened na nag-open pa ako sa BDO branch na mahaba rin ang pila sa naghahandle ng UITF accounts. So that makes it even more inconvenient for me to fall in line once again and touch those funds.

I tried opening a UITF account din pala with BPI. But they had problems connecting my savings/settlement account and the UITF account because they're not the same branch. Easy solution was to just open an account with them, but ang haaabaaa ng pila.

Noong una sinabihan rin ako na mag-open ng settlement account - without any ATM pa yun - just to keep the funds. But I complained right away to the manager na marami akong accounts, so I didn't like to have another one to keep an eye on.

In the end, pumayag si manager na gamitin ang existing account ko na as the settlement account. Sya ang naghandle ng account ko, not one of her underlings.

The manager should not have let you get away. Inassist ka pa rin sana nya sa pag-open ng account. Pero siguro nga, baka nga dapat ilagay mo ang pera mo somewhere.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Thank you once again, mxherr5. Sa UCPB kasi pwede DAW at any branch nationwide, but we'll see when I do have to redeem.

I tried opening a UITF account din pala with BPI. But they had problems connecting my savings/settlement account and the UITF account because they're not the same branch. Easy solution was to just open an account with them, but ang haaabaaa ng pila. So I just took it as a sign that I should put my money somewhere else. Alam naman natin how underperforming ang mga funds managed by BPI. :D

No problem.

I'm sure whoever told you that is right.
Its in how UCPB does their UITF eh.
Sa BDO kasi, COP basis talaga.

With UCPB, its like BPI. They just give you
a certificate of redemption to cancel out
the certification of participation.

Re BPI, you should have push the manager more.
Baka tinatamad lang hehe
Ako nga, an entirely different bank not just branch
(BPI Direct kasi yung ipapagawa kong settlement account)

I just gave them my "Are you really really sure you can't
do this" face and they caved in :p

Pero yeah, BPI's performance isn't too good. Hay, too bad
napa convenient ang kanilang online investment platform.

I now only have BPI's Short Term fund, the only fund which
I think BPI does well.

freelancer_babe

• Forum Expert 500
I now only have BPI's Short Term fund, the only fund which
I think BPI does well.

You're not currently suffering any losses using this fund?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
No, it usually goes up by 1 basis point every two days or so.
It used to go up every day but since they cut the rates on
SDA, it goes up a lot more slowly now.

I've seen it go down by 1 basis point but just twice or thrice since
I've had it and it doesn't last more than a week before it recovers.

donromantiko

Hi everyone. I just want to ask a question regarding sa online ng BPI equity? Totoo bang anytime you can pull out the funds through internet? I think it is a good tool para ma control mo ang labas pasok ng pera mo.

Sa BDO kasi merong 30 days na holding period pero sa BPI wala? wow hehehe

lupetnen

• Probie
i recently enrolled my BDO payroll account to its EIP to be invested in its UITF peso fixed income fund (5k each pay cut). I dont quite understand why my banker told me that in a month's time when it reaches 10k thats the only time ill be receiving a COP and for the next month another COP? Is 10k the ceiling for this investment thats why they need to create another account for each month? cant it all be in just one account?

FFreedom3

• Forum Master 300
i recently enrolled my BDO payroll account to its EIP to be invested in its UITF peso fixed income fund (5k each pay cut). I dont quite understand why my banker told me that in a month's time when it reaches 10k thats the only time ill be receiving a COP and for the next month another COP? Is 10k the ceiling for this investment thats why they need to create another account for each month? cant it all be in just one account?

may minimum 10K per "Tap up" kasi ang PESO Fixed Income Fund.

https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/trust-and-investments/unit-investment-trust-funds/bdo-peso-fixed-income-fund

lupetnen

• Probie
may minimum 10K per "Tap up" kasi ang PESO Fixed Income Fund.

https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/trust-and-investments/unit-investment-trust-funds/bdo-peso-fixed-income-fund

ok thanks for the immediate response sir! would you know how many is the maximum COP for this investment?

FFreedom3

• Forum Master 300

FFreedom3

• Forum Master 300
Hi everyone. I just want to ask a question regarding sa online ng BPI equity? Totoo bang anytime you can pull out the funds through internet? I think it is a good tool para ma control mo ang labas pasok ng pera mo.

Sa BDO kasi merong 30 days na holding period pero sa BPI wala? wow hehehe

Yes you can pull out the funds anytime sa BPI Equity and other BPI UITF funds without penalty. You can pull out and also tap-up online pag na enrol kana. I've tried it many times. very convenient. I wish may ganun ang BDO.

http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/produpd.nsf/Investment+Updates/InvestmentDailyPrices

lupetnen

• Probie
walang maximum COP

thanks FFreedom3! was wondering since im new to these kind of investments, is it safe to just stay with this UITF product or should i invest in other BDO uitf's say peso balance and/or equity?

FFreedom3

• Forum Master 300
thanks FFreedom3! was wondering since im new to these kind of investments, is it safe to just stay with this UITF product or should i invest in other BDO uitf's say peso balance and/or equity?

Things you should do before you start investing in Unit Investment Trust Funds:

- Take the Bank risk assessment test or questionnaire and know what type of investor are you. This is very important so you will know where to start.

- Study and know more about different Unit Investment Trust Funds offered by different banks

- Search for funds that have proven track record

Latest UITF top performance report.

UITF - http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/philippine-uitf-returns-1st-half-2013/

lupetnen

• Probie

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
The client risk assessment is in fact mandated by BSP to banks offering UITFs.

donromantiko

investormills

Question:
will the current RTB selling of the govt affect our bond funds in any way?
tia

vontayap

Hi guys, newbie here. :hello:

in UITF or MF, the profit or loss depend on the day you redeem it. kung ang navps/navpu ay high or low in relation sa initial selling price when started the investment. Tama po ba? Kahit na 5 or 10 yrs ko pa ito bago iredeem, the profit still depend on the actual price of navps/navpu if high or low. Am I correct? Salamat po sa info.

I plan to have both UITF and MF, can anyone please suggest to me where can I start to invest. :thankyou:

heres my target to start with
UITF=BDO
MF= Sunlife
based sa mga discussion nyo dito, I think these are the best place I can start to invest. any other suggestion po. :thankyou:

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
Hi guys, newbie here. :hello:

in UITF or MF, the profit or loss depend on the day you redeem it. kung ang navps/navpu ay high or low in relation sa initial selling price when started the investment. Tama po ba? Kahit na 5 or 10 yrs ko pa ito bago iredeem, the profit still depend on the actual price of navps/navpu if high or low. Am I correct? Salamat po sa info.

I plan to have both UITF and MF, can anyone please suggest to me where can I start to invest. :thankyou:

heres my target to start with
UITF=BDO
MF= Sunlife
based sa mga discussion nyo dito, I think these are the best place I can start to invest. any other suggestion po. :thankyou:

You're correct. Redemption values are calculated using the NAVPU / NAV  at the end ot the redemption date regardless of the duration of your investment.

I think your choices are OK and you can explore further as you gain more experience. Happy investing. You're doing good, man.  :welcome:

vontayap

Kobabear  :thankyou:

Newbie question again, anyone here encountered loss on any investment in UITF/MF? Any reason why you sold it? :-\
Is it true that year 2006 was very bad from UITF/MF that many investors panicked out?   :help:

FFreedom3

• Forum Master 300

Newbie question again, anyone here encountered loss on any investment in UITF/MF? Any reason why you sold it? :-\
Is it true that year 2006 was very bad from UITF/MF that many investors panicked out?   :help:

Yes experienced it this year. I pulled it out because I want to play in Stock Market :hihi:

If you have atleast 15 years investment horizon then Invest it in Equities.

Caveat

kobabear

• Forum Master 400

Losses and gains are regular occurrences in UITFs. I have more (90%) instances of gains actually because I redeem my funds when they are gaining. I only redeem losing funds when there is a potential for future gain. I have redeemed money market funds with 1% loss and re-invested it in the Equity Fund and ended up with 20-30% annualized gain.

UITFs started 2013 on fire. I think it gained 20% YoY but there was a major correction last June.  The correction that happened in 2006 looked worse than it should because a lot of people panicked. A lot of investors then are not really educated with the in/outs of investing but those who did made a killing by staying the course. Now this opportunity can be had but first educate yourself by reading extensively here. If you could search posts from these guys, you're in good hands:

bauer, freefront, FG, kithe, tony8898, prospera, vicces, mikoangelo, (to name a few) and the Member of the Month awardees.

Good luck to all of us.  :rakenrol:

JamieLo

• Probie
Regarding BDO's UITF-EIP, what will happen if you were not able to fund your bank account with the amount supposed to be allocated for your monthly investment? What will happen to your previous investments?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
walang mangyayari, no penalties or anything and then tuloy lang ulit next contribution date.

JamieLo

• Probie
Paano po kung matagal natigil at naubusan na ng maintaining balance ang bank account? Pwede ba ituloy uli ang EIP using a new bank account let say after several years of being inactive?
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013, 09:51 AM by JamieLo »

garter26

• Probie
Hi po sa mga masters dito! I've been lurking for quite some time now in this forum and I  decided to register to ask for advice to the masters here.

I am 23 years old and I have 320k+ worth of savings na hirap kong inag-ipunan sa sobrang pagtitipid thru working for more than 2 years now now which is nakastock lang sa savings account (BPI Maxisaver and BDO), I realized na walang masyadong tinutubo ang pera ko and course inflation rates beats the interest rate of this savings account. So this time, I want to try investing naman and I want to try BDO UITF, Since first timer ako when it comes to investing, I would like to invest first 100k, 50k would be as lump sum sa BDO Equity Fund and I will park there siguro for more than a year than I'll just add up some funds pag nakita kong kumikita naman. Then the other 50k, I'll do cost averaging thru BDO -  Balanced Fund, siguro hulugan ko na lang ng 5k per month then if kumita naman dagdagan ko pa ng dagdagan even I surpassed my 50k budget since may emergency fund naman na ako. What can you advice po sakin na wala pang experience sa investing? My goal is to have atleast a decent house and lot and a car when I reach age 30 and kahit na 1million savings pwede na. Bata pa naman ako so ok lang siguro ang risk pero ayaw ko naman po na mawala bigla ang pinaghirapan ko. I save and planning to invest kasi ayaw kong maghirap pa since lumaki kami sa hirap. Any advice? Safe po ba ang UITF even equity funds? I know there is risk pero on the average? madami na ba nalugi and/or kumita sa UITF? Looking forward to your advice! Thanks po!

Garmin

Hi po sa mga masters dito! I've been lurking for quite some time now in this forum and I  decided to register to ask for advice to the masters here.

I am 23 years old and I have 320k+ worth of savings na hirap kong inag-ipunan sa sobrang pagtitipid thru working for more than 2 years now now which is nakastock lang sa savings account (BPI Maxisaver and BDO), I realized na walang masyadong tinutubo ang pera ko and course inflation rates beats the interest rate of this savings account. So this time, I want to try investing naman and I want to try BDO UITF, Since first timer ako when it comes to investing, I would like to invest first 100k, 50k would be as lump sum sa BDO Equity Fund and I will park there siguro for more than a year than I'll just add up some funds pag nakita kong kumikita naman. Then the other 50k, I'll do cost averaging thru BDO -  Balanced Fund, siguro hulugan ko na lang ng 5k per month then if kumita naman dagdagan ko pa ng dagdagan even I surpassed my 50k budget since may emergency fund naman na ako. What can you advice po sakin na wala pang experience sa investing? My goal is to have atleast a decent house and lot and a car when I reach age 30 and kahit na 1million savings pwede na. Bata pa naman ako so ok lang siguro ang risk pero ayaw ko naman po na mawala bigla ang pinaghirapan ko. I save and planning to invest kasi ayaw kong maghirap pa since lumaki kami sa hirap. Any advice? Safe po ba ang UITF even equity funds? I know there is risk pero on the average? madami na ba nalugi and/or kumita sa UITF? Looking forward to your advice! Thanks po!

hi garter26,

galing mo dude!  you are on the right track.  i suggest you look into getting yourself  insured first before going into other investments.  you are the best asset of them all, kaya protect yourself muna before anything else.

also, leave at least 6-9mos worth of your expenses in TD as your emergency fund.  whatever is left you can invest in UITF and/or MF.  there are quite a good number of companies who offer UITF's and/or MF's.  scout and compare their peformance then take the plunge.

one more thing, continue saving and investing.  part of your salary should go to savings/investment and/or on things that appreciate in value.  with good discipline, you'll hit your 1st Million in no time.  chart your progress and reward yourself din!

good luck dude!

garter26

• Probie
Thanks dude! I already enrolled for BDO UITF and lumpsum 80k to equity fund and will cost average 5k monthly for balanced fund and I enrolled it to BDO EIP. Dagdag na lang siguro ako ng funds in the future if mejo comfortable na ako sa investment na ganito. Sana nga nasa right track ako! I'm very glad I joined this forum. Sobrang dami kong natutunan.

bravelicious

hi. tanong lang po. mukhang hindi maganda ang performance ng pfif at equity ng bdo uitf? i've been busy for quite some time kaya hindi na ulit nakapagbasa basa dito ngayon na lang ulit. chaka sa uitf pala kung how much monthly kong iniinvest yun lang ang ni-place nilang investment hindi yung total amount ng naipon ko using EIP? tama  ba? bkit ganun?

thanks in advance.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
hi. tanong lang po. mukhang hindi maganda ang performance ng pfif at equity ng bdo uitf?

Compared to what sir?
The market is going down right now eh..all equity funds are down by a lot.

chaka sa uitf pala kung how much monthly kong iniinvest yun lang ang ni-place nilang investment hindi yung total amount ng naipon ko using EIP? tama  ba? bkit ganun?

Hindi ko ma gets yung tanong nyo sir.
Yes, kung 1k per month ang EIP mo then 1k per month ang maiinvest
hanggang sa umabot sa market value na 10k ang EIP investment mo
at ma "spun off" sya at bibigyan ka ng COP.

Ano ibig mong sabihin sa total amount naipon?

electrickoelectric

tanong lng po kung tama kasi nagopen ako ng uitf sa bdo sept 16 morning tama po ba na ang naavail ko na value ng navpu ay for sept 16 which is computed the night of sept 16?meaning ndi ko alam ang navpu when i open and need to wait ang compitation after the day.

so for example gus2 ko na ipullout ndi ko rin alam ang value and need to wait till 7pm?

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
12 noon cutoff. Kaya kung pasok ka dun, avail mo ang NAVPU by that day which is available at night time. This is applicable for both placement and redemption.

Di mo alam syempre ang closing NAVPU but for equity funds a good guide will be the PSEi. They are closely correlated so alam mo kung tataas o bababa NAVPU for the day. Pero be aware of the cutoff time.

electrickoelectric

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
up to 12noon pla cutoff. after 12 d n cla ngprocess?

magpaprocess pa rin sila kung after 12 noon ka nagbuy/redeem pero yung price the next day ang makukuha mo.  :D

freefront

• VIP 4500
^kat, forward pricing ang UITF? Ang intindi ko kasi sa cut-off (ng MF, ha?) After 12:00 noon, yung calculated NAVPS na ang applicable sourced from the prices of the same day. Before 12:00 noon, applicable pa dun ang yesterday's NAVPS.

Wait. ^that is exactly what you said. Meaning, From 12:00 noon today until 12:00 noon tomorrow( or Monday), the same ang NAVPS.

katkatmachine

• Forum Expert 600
Wait. ^that is exactly what you said. Meaning, From 12:00 noon today until 12:00 noon tomorrow( or Monday), the same ang NAVPS.

opo. hehe.

basta po if you redeem your shares today before the cut off time (12 noon) you will get the navpu that will be calculated on that day. pag after 12 noon na po kayo nagredeem, ang navpu na makukuha niyo ay yung tomorrow's price.

:D

palailai

• Forum Expert 500
sa bpi ang cut-off is 2:30pm for buying/redeeming of mf/uitf after 230pm navps/navpu of the following day will be use  pero sa bdo 12noon as usual...

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
sa bpi ang cut-off is 2:30pm for buying/redeeming of mf/uitf after 230pm navps/navpu of the following day will be use  pero sa bdo 12noon as usual...

If this is true, then it is very important because you can track the PSEi which closes at 4PM and be guided in your entry/exit strategy.

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
BPI funds have different cut-off times. Odyssey funds cut-off maybe 2/2:30 PM but the next day's NAVPU is applicable.

Please refer to this link:

https://www.bpiassetmanagement.com/pages/order-cut-off--settlement-schedule

tyronesolee

• Forum Master 300

I salute you! Continue your savings habit and you're on your way to making your first million! :)

Be inspired with my TV guest interview at ANC On the Money below. I know you can do it bro! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7VWQ_xi5to

bors

• Probie
Question sirs: Are UITF's transferable? can I go to my bank and have the COP under my name transferred, for example, to my son or daughter? Thanks.

kobabear

• Forum Master 400
Question sirs: Are UITF's transferable? can I go to my bank and have the COP under my name transferred, for example, to my son or daughter? Thanks.

No. Redeem it first and re-invest under your child's name. If he/she is a minor, i believe you should be in joint account.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
As far as I know pag minor usually ITF(in trust for) ang gusto mong type of "ownership"(?) nung account.

Wadup

Hi everyone, just introduce myself awhile ago and its nice to be here!
Anyway, i have an inquiry...may i know how much ang mga fees/charges etc. if magre-redeem? If it depends on the amount, pa sample na lang siguro so i have an idea.

Thanks in advance!  :thankyou:

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
Whats the matter with bdo bond fund? 5% drop??  1800 nalang Navpu!!!! Yari ako if thats not a typo on their site.........

https://www.bdo.com.ph/personal/investments/daily-net-asset-value

bj71

• Forum Tambay 150
Whats the matter with bdo bond fund? 5% drop??  1800 nalang Navpu!!!! Yari ako if thats not a typo on their site.........

Also the bdo equity fund pa baba!

Balak ko na itigil yun EIP ko sa bdo equity until December na lang then mag open ako sa union bank large cap ba yun? Dun na lang ako mag invest monthly for the year 2014

What do you think mga partner?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000

A 5% drop would mean that you entered at around a NAVPU of 1,900
but the BDO Bond Fund's highest NAVPU in the last 5 years is just a
few points higher than 1,800 at 1,810...

Are you maybe mixing up BDO's Fixed Income Fund with the Bond Fund?
Because the Fixed Income Fund is at 1,888..

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Also the bdo equity fund pa baba!

Balak ko na itigil yun EIP ko sa bdo equity until December na lang then mag open ako sa union bank large cap ba yun? Dun na lang ako mag invest monthly for the year 2014

What do you think mga partner?

Big time sir, 100k per month yan kung itutuloy mo plano mo :D nkaka ingit

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
I attended the BDO AMG investor's meeting in Manila Pen last Monday.  The BDO president Mr. Tan gave a speech, and the heads of Asset management gave their recommendations.

Basically, sell your bond funds.  Even at a loss.

GoodSteward

• VIP 3500
A 5% drop would mean that you entered at around a NAVPU of 1,900
but the BDO Bond Fund's highest NAVPU in the last 5 years is just a
few points higher than 1,800 at 1,810...

Are you maybe mixing up BDO's Fixed Income Fund with the Bond Fund?
Because the Fixed Income Fund is at 1,888..

Holy, Big time apologies, Dont know what hit me, youre right mxherr. I was outside when I checked the NAVPU and I dont know why I kept thinking last bond fund NAVPU was 1900 and it actually bothered me and couldnt wait to get home to check...Whew....

@RP, this false alarrm has actually gotten my attention on my bond fund placements... Will consider to  redeem partially....Indeed, I have some thats on the negative... the problem is, if I redeem it, I dont know which investment vehicle I should put the funds to..

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2013, 12:19 AM by GoodSteward »

freefront

• VIP 4500
I attended the BDO AMG investor's meeting in Manila Pen last Monday.  The BDO president Mr. Tan gave a speech, and the heads of Asset management gave their recommendations.

rp, the reasons daw?

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
Well, basically they expect interest rates to start to climb, and when interest rates go up, bond funds go down.  If I remember my finance basics, every 1% increase in interest rate causes 10% decline in bond funds. 

Their basic recommendation is only buy equiity and money market. 

They'll be coming out with a gold fund, dividend yielding fund, focused equity fund.  I think they're all equity.

They also said to expect a good uptick cuz once SDA's are closed by end of novermber, P1.5 trillion pesos will look for a home...and some of that will end up in equity funds.

bauer

• VIP 4500

I do not know how interest rates will rise in the next 2 years.  The FEDS guaranteed an interest rate of between 0 to 0.25% until 2015.

The monthly $85B FED buying program, which is suppose to end first quarter of 2014, is now deemed extended without a time limit.

Recently, the ECB lowered their interest by 0.25% from 0.50% due to the fear of 'deflation'.  Japan has already maintained a 0% interest for about a GENERATION.

If our local banks' see a rise in interest rates, maybe they see that our economy will experience a lower growth or that our private sector is already over leverage.  I do not see what they see at least for the next 2 years.

My conclusion......... Maintain a good mix of bonds, equity, and other financial instruments.  Worst case scenario, If bonds will fall 30% or more, then buy more bonds so your cost will be lower.  It will bless you a good number of years ahead in the future.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
@ freefront, I'm surprised you haven't heard about it.
There's been a lot of articles about it for a few years na
US based articles nga lang.

What with interest rates at historic lows.
But (in the US) it isn't as simple as that, as history(US)
has shown that short term interest rates are more volatile
than long term interest rates.
Yung long term interest rates don't move a lot daw.

And remember, when the interest rates rises, yung face value
lang ng bond ang nababawasan, same pa rin ang interest payments
at kung held to maturity, bale wala ang rise sa interest rates.

Had experience a somewhat similar scenario sa ABF Bond Fund.
Nag recalibrate sila ng bond prices which caused the NAV to go down
parang 3% the next day. Paper loss tuloy pero I just averaged down, back
to positive teritory ulit :D

@rp, actually its not -10%/1% rise in rates. You have to look at the duration
which is in both BPI's and BDO's fund fact sheet.

Whatever the duration is, that is how big of a loss the fund would experience
for every 1% rise in rates.

I'm excited about the new funds you mentioned.
I hope they keep with their usual practice of having low fees :D

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
I just read this latest news in Inquirer today: http://business.inquirer.net/152207/yolanda-may-keep-interest-rates-low

It said that "Barclays said the BSP may keep its policy rates at their current record lows until the third quarter of next year."

So maybe we won't expect bond funds to go down anytime soon? Besides it may be one of the funds that may go up once foreign funds, SDA, enter our market?

freefront

• VIP 4500
^ not a fan of bonds   :D I reckon I'll go near them when they hit above 10%. Besides, the little of what I have are more or less liquid#itchypwetsmoney. It's SA then hop to MF and stocks. I don't have the luxury of time anymore  :D

hunkinvestor

Mga sir I just opened an Equity Fund sa BDO and at the same time an ATM savings account para sa EIP.

Binigyan lang ako ng receipt para sa inopen ko na 10,000 and di ko alam ilan ang number of shares ko.

Also, sa EIP ba, let's say twice a month ka kakaltasan ng 2500, hindi automatic additional investment yun diba? Kasi kailangan umabot muna ng 10,000? So saan ilalagay yung na-debit sayo? Floating money? And may confirmation ba na makukuha pag nakaltasan ka na? Basically, I wanna have some proof na nakaltasan ako at napunta sya sa investment fund ko.

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
If you enrolled your CMN in BDO Online then you'll see your
"floating" investment otherwise you can go to branch to get
the same information.

In BDO Online you'll see the following
Product: (Type of UITF)
COP Number: EIP-XXXXXX
Placement Date:
No. of Units:
Amount as of <Current Date>:
Unrealized Gains/Loss:

Btw the only difference(as seen online) between these "floating" investment and a spun off one
with a COP is that the COP Number for floating investments has EIP-XXXXXX whereas a spun off
investment would have a real COP Number.

You will not be given any proof/receipt for every investment/contribution.
You'll just have to trust BDO or alternatively, you can enroll your EIP online and you can monitor
it real time so you can report discrepancies.

**NOTE: You will ofcourse have an "unofficial" proof of debit since this would be
a debit against your savings account to your EIP with the following description:
ADA TRUST UITF & REFNUM

hunkinvestor

If you enrolled your CMN in BDO Online then you'll see your
"floating" investment otherwise you can go to branch to get
the same information.

In BDO Online you'll see the following
Product: (Type of UITF)
COP Number: EIP-XXXXXX
Placement Date:
No. of Units:
Amount as of <Current Date>:
Unrealized Gains/Loss:

Btw the only difference(as seen online) between these "floating" investment and a spun off one
with a COP is that the COP Number for floating investments has EIP-XXXXXX whereas a spun off
investment would have a real COP Number.

You will not be given any proof/receipt for every investment/contribution.
You'll just have to trust BDO or alternatively, you can enroll your EIP online and you can monitor
it real time so you can report discrepancies.

**NOTE: You will ofcourse have an "unofficial" proof of debit since this would be
a debit against your savings account to your EIP with the following description:
ADA TRUST UITF & REFNUM

Hi, thanks for the response. What is CMN, is it an account number? I haven't enrolled any online account since wala naman ibinigay sa akin kundi OR ng inopen ko na amount which is 10,000 for the Equity Fund, and a Cash Deposit Slip of 2000 for the ATM Savings account. How do I enroll online? So that's the only way para ma keep track ang investment?

mxherr5

• PMT Idol 1000
Client Master Number, you can see this in your COP.
Back when I first opened an EIP account, I had to wait
until my EIP spun of as you can only see it once you get
a COP.

But I've been told that things has changed has then and
you can now enroll without waiting for your first COP.

Wadup

:help:
I am currently unhappy with the downsliding BDO equity fund. I invested last nov 6 knowing already the typhoon coming but no idea that time that it will be a disaster. My paper loss have reached today Pxx,000.

Any insights guyz! :help:

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
:help:
I am currently unhappy with the downsliding BDO equity fund. I invested last nov 6 knowing already the typhoon coming but no idea that time that it will be a disaster. My paper loss have reached today Pxx,000.

Any insights guyz! :help:

Don't worry, Equity funds are meant to be held for at least 5 years. My paper loss reached Pxxx,000.00 , and I'm still waiting for the NAV to drop some more so I can buy more.

jmces

• PMT Idol 1000
Don't worry, Equity funds are meant to be held for at least 5 years. My paper loss reached Pxxx,000.00 , and I'm still waiting for the NAV to drop some more so I can buy more.

big fundie :D

hunkinvestor

Client Master Number, you can see this in your COP.
Back when I first opened an EIP account, I had to wait
until my EIP spun of as you can only see it once you get
a COP.

But I've been told that things has changed has then and
you can now enroll without waiting for your first COP.

Bakit ganun, I got my COP today pero right across the account ID no. there is the CMN pero it says null?

Also, yung activation ng online account ba di right away? I activated my account na sa ATM pero pag check ko ngayon application status is pending daw.

Wadup

:thankyou: Yagami.
Yeah, ill just forget monitoring for awhile. Ty for the uplift. Lets just hope next week, it will rise..

Wadup

Oh btw, what is the reason behind the down of equity this week?

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
Oh btw, what is the reason behind the down of equity this week?

The effect of typhoon Yolanda probably. But it's all economic cycles (down and up). It will always happen, it's human nature. Still, businesses grow and increases in value over time. Think about your equity fund as a newly built business, it takes time for you to establish the business and earn money and there will be some losses along the way.

richpulubi

• PMT Jedi 2500
The effect of typhoon Yolanda probably. But it's all economic cycles (down and up). It will always happen, it's human nature. Still, businesses grow and increases in value over time. Think about your equity fund as a newly built business, it takes time for you to establish the business and earn money and there will be some losses along the way.

It will only be a loss if you sell your uitf now.

I'm so so nervous.  Nervous cuz I've been in this position before, wherein some crisis(US debt ceiling, Great recession, Pablo, Ondoy, etc.) will greatly affect our stock market and it will decline.  My head tells me to invest more but my heart says it may go much further down and NOT COME UP AGAIN. But this never happens!

The PSE always recovers!  And so, I'm nervous about my mixed feelings of greed and fear!

yagami_kira

• Forum Tambay 200
It will only be a loss if you sell your uitf now.

I'm so so nervous.  Nervous cuz I've been in this position before, wherein some crisis(US debt ceiling, Great recession, Pablo, Ondoy, etc.) will greatly affect our stock market and it will decline.  My head tells me to invest more but my heart says it may go much further down and NOT COME UP AGAIN. But this never happens!

The PSE always recovers!  And so, I'm nervous about my mixed feelings of greed and fear!

Temperament is the key. Warren Buffett is the master of temperament, and I'm his disciple, LOL

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Post only questions or comments here. Advertisements NOT ALLOWED.
  • Doni_megaworld: Happy Saturday! who's online?
    Today at 08:48 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Good Morning! who's online?
    Yesterday at 07:34 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: Hi Guys, who's online?
    May 29, 2020, 03:08 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning! who's online?
    May 28, 2020, 08:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: good morning guys!
    May 27, 2020, 09:47 AM
  • Doni_megaworld: work work
    May 26, 2020, 02:47 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: What's good in this afternoon?
    May 26, 2020, 02:01 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: agreed
    May 25, 2020, 03:30 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @lyndrey depende siguro sa seller, so kung mag order kayo online much better na kilala niyo at trusted
    May 25, 2020, 02:29 PM
  • Doni_megaworld: kumusta? sino mga online?
    May 24, 2020, 03:24 PM
  • lyndrey: Do not buy PPE online. Either expensive overpriced or totally damaged or cannot be used
    May 24, 2020, 01:37 PM
  • lyndrey: Online Scammers/online shopping cheats are active with stay at home regimen.
    May 24, 2020, 01:34 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: @razee22 Parang di na po nacoconvert into money ang load po.
    May 12, 2020, 04:07 PM
  • razee22: any advised or recommendation?
    May 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
  • razee22: Paano po ba iconvert ang load into money like Paypal, Paymaya or Gcash?
    May 12, 2020, 11:15 AM
  • razee22: paano po ba iconvert ang load into money? Paypal or Gcash
    May 12, 2020, 11:14 AM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, okay lang ba kayo dyannnn?
    May 11, 2020, 11:40 AM
  • theimprobableone: hi
    May 05, 2020, 11:37 AM
  • freelance_treasure_hunter: hello all...
    Apr 28, 2020, 04:26 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Can someone save me?
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: I'm tired.
    Mar 24, 2020, 01:39 PM
  • Victorvargas: Hello sa lahat po new lang po dito. Hope na marami matutunan ako about business.
    Mar 21, 2020, 09:43 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Yoh, its been a while.
    Mar 17, 2020, 10:33 AM
  • demi07: Hello everyone! New in pinoymoneytalk :)
    Mar 14, 2020, 01:24 PM
  • theappswitch: Hi!
    Feb 25, 2020, 03:14 PM
  • mike2020: hi po sa inyo lahat
    Feb 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
  • Jayjayqwe: hi po
    Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 PM
  • tirs d pip: hello
    Feb 18, 2020, 02:32 PM
  • Ace1105: Hello sa lahat...  :hello:
    Feb 07, 2020, 09:46 AM
  • FREYAHYARA: Anyone knows where Ig shops like styledom.ph, thriftme, instashoppeavenu and the likes get their items for selling. Would like to venture in the same business but would like to know where and who the suppliers are
    Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: To bpc85 kung nakalagay ang inyong names sa beneficiary list ng iyong ama kay may makukuha po kayo.
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
  • Niel Jhacoubs: Hellooooo, its been a while. :)
    Nov 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
  • miakashidou31: hi , meron po ba ditong nagta transfer sa paypal?
    Nov 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
  • whennedy: good noon po
    Oct 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
  • edzlpdac: goood day po sa lahat!
    Oct 12, 2019, 03:37 PM
  • bpc85: ask lng sana ako kung may makukuha ba kami ng Mama ko at ako or mga kapatid ko sa benepisyo ng aming Ama bilang membro ng AFPSLAI. thank you po.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • bpc85: Hi guys, im new here,.
    Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 PM
  • Anaperdi: Hi just want to know if meron dito who is into boundary hulog ng motorcycle? For mga riders ng courier. Pwede ba magpashare how it works? Naisip ko lang baka pwede ko ibusiness, meron na pala mga posts online pero di pa clear ang system sa akin. thank  you sa makakapansin
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:32 AM
  • Anaperdi: Hi newbie here..
    Sep 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
  • jprios: May contact ba kayo kung sakali?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:11 PM
  • jprios: Sino pwedeng mahiraman dito?
    Sep 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
  • kfg52: Present!
    Sep 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
  • juju31: san po ba may nag papahiram dito
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • juju31: hello
    Sep 14, 2019, 07:18 PM
  • FutureGizmo: Thanks julz! Medyo ganun nga trabaho namin ngayon, to monitor spam posts kasi ang daming spam bots. But thanks for reporting. Auto-ban agad ang spammers sa amin haha
    Sep 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
  • julz: @FutureGizmo si @nikkikv18 just posted more than 10 posts about porn sites. hay, spam.
    Sep 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
  • Cid_brent: sino po dyan pwede magbigay send ng paypal funds and I will pay you using gcash?
    Aug 25, 2019, 08:58 PM
  • Meghan91811: Sino po may alam about Rice Farming...
    Aug 25, 2019, 07:44 AM
  • roselove: hello po sa inyo... newbie here
    Aug 06, 2019, 03:31 PM