The official website showing the UPCAT exam results, www.upcat.up.edu.ph, is currently inaccessible perhaps due to overwhelming traffic. We will post here some of the PDF results or links to other working mirror sites to help high school applicants know if they passed.
Update (December 2013): UPCAT 2014 results and list of passers available here.
First, a backgrounder on the exam. The UPCAT is one of the most popular and rigorous college admission tests in the country.
Around 60,000-70,000 high school students nationwide take the exam every year, with only 10,000-11,000 students able to secure in one of UP’s seven (7) constituent universities. This translates to a small 16% passing rate.
For the coming year 2013-2014, a record 75,000 applicants took the UPCAT with around 11,000 passing. (to be confirmed)
Last year’s exam also made news because it was the first time the UPCAT incorporated essay questions. Several students who took the exam reported most of the essay questions were “weird,” asking them, for example, to answer the following questions:
- Narrate the conversation when you encounter an alien.
- If your crush says that he/she loves you, will you say you love him/her, too?
- Tell a lie about yourself and prove it.
- What is your favorite study tool?
UP Calendar, AY 2013-2014
Classes in UP this coming school year 2013-2014 will officially start in June 6, Thursday. Here are some more relevant dates to remember, especially for new Iskos and Iskas who passed the UPCAT.
- 01 March – 31 May : Physical exam for incoming freshmen
- 06 May – 10 May : Advanced Registration for freshmen students
- 03 June : General Registration (Freshmen, Graduating and Varsity students)
- 04 June – 05 June : General Registration (All other students)
- 06 June : Start of Classes, 1st Semester
- 10 June : Freshman Welcome Assembly
- 05 September : Deadline for dropping subjects
- 04 October : End of Classes, 1st Semester
Mabuhay ang mga bagong Iskolar ng Bayan! :)