PSE to honor winners of 2007 Open Stock Trading Tournament
September 21, 2007
The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) is set to award on October 3 the top players of its recently concluded Open 2007 Stock Trading Tournament.
The stock trading simulation game started in March 2007 and attracted more than 500 students from over 40 colleges and universities in the Philippines. Participants used P1 million virtual funds to trade stocks of PSE listed firms in the hopes of increasing the value of their portfolio.
The Top 10 players of the Tournament with the highest ending portfolio value are:
Legend: Rank. Name (Organization) – Portfolio Value in Philippine Peso
- Eugene Sejalbo (University of St. Louis) – 1,723,458.42
- Wellington Yap (De La Salle University) – 1,389,385.82
- Marc Anthony Ordinanza (De La Salle University) – 1,380,477.98
- Albert Louis del Monte (University of Saint Louis) – 1,266,478.73
- Mark Anthony Galicha (Far Eastern University) – 1,220,991.89
- Angeli Layug (University of Santo Tomas)- 1,159,862.53
- Jemar del Rosario (University of Saint Louis) – 1,158,117.34
- Delbert Baron Lee (Far Eastern University) – 1,117,670.26
- Grace Marcaida (Far Eastern University) – 1,106,162.19
- Jay-ar (PMA) – 1,098,580.24
Join stock trading-related discussions in PMT's Stock and Forex Trading Forum.