(Royal Wedding Photos) Prince William, Kate Middleton, bride, wedding dress
April 29, 2011
The much-hyped, much-awaited Royal Wedding unfolds right now in London.
Here are some of the photos of the event.
The Bride and the Groom: Kate Middleton and Prince William
Timeline of the Wedding
8:15 – 9:45 – The general congregation will arrive at the Great North Door of Westminster Abbey.
9:50 – Prime ministers and governors-general of various Commonwealth countries, the diplomatic corps and other guests arrive at the Abbey.
10:10 – Prince William and Prince Harry leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey.
10:15 – Prince William and Prince Harry arrive at the Abbey.
10:20 – Members of foreign royal families arrive at Westminster Abbey from Buckingham Palace.
10:20 – Kate Middleton’s mother, Carole, and brother, James, leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
10:25 – Minor members of the Royal Family leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey.
10:35 – The Duke of York and his daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, leave for Westminster Abbey along with the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence.
10:38 – The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey.
10:40 – The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey.
10:48 – The bridesmaids and pages leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
10:51 – The bride, accompanied by her father Michael, leaves the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
11:00 – The marriage service begins and is relayed by speakers along the route.
12:15 – The carriage procession of the bride and bridegroom with a captain’s escort of the Household Cavalry, followed by the Queen’s procession with a sovereign’s escort of the Household Cavalry, leaves Westminster Abbey for Buckingham Palace.
12:30 – The bride’s carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace.
12:40 – Members of the Royal Family and members of foreign royal families arrive at Buckingham Palace.
13:25 – The Queen and the bride and bridegroom, together with their families, appear on the balcony.
1:330 – Fly-past by the Royal Air Force and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
The Wedding Dress
1. The 1936 Cartier “halo” tiara was lent to the bride by The Queen
2. The veil is made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers
3. The bodice, narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, is a hallmark of McQueen’s designs
4. For the dress, individual flowers were hand-cut from lace and hand-engineered onto ivory silk tulle
5. The train measures 2m 70cm
6. The shoes (hidden), made of satin with hand-embroidered lace, were also Alexander McQueen
List of Notable Royal Wedding Guests
Aside from members and relatives of the royal family and invited dignitaries, other notable guests include:
- Ian Thorpe, Australian Olympic swimmer who met the prince on a visit to Australia in 2010
- Rowan Atkinson, close friend of The Prince of Wales
- Sir Elton John, performer who sang at Diana’s funeral
- David and Victoria Beckham, have met the prince as President of the Football Association, on a number of occasions
- Guy Ritchie, friend of Prince William and Miss Middleton
- Ben Fogle, television presenter and adventurer and has met Prince William on a number of occasions
Sources: Associated Press, BBC, Yahoo News
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- best performing philippine stocks
- kate middleton bride
- kate middleton wedding pictures
- photos of royal wedding
- no 1 mutual fund in the philippine