Best Money Market Mutual Funds in the Philippines (as of August 2007)
October 2, 2007
Note: When analyzing mutual funds, do not simply look at the NAVPS or Net Asset Value per Share. This number does not necessarily say whether the fund is performing well or not. The change of the NAVPS over time does. Never assume that a fund with high NAVPS means it is generating high returns. Actual historical returns can be used to gauge performance but be reminded as well that past performance is and will never be a guarantee of future results.
Click “Read More” to view the performance results of the best Philippine Money Market Mutual Funds.
ATR KimEng Fixed Income Fund is now considered a money market fund and has been renamed ATR Kimeng Money Market Fund, Inc. Starting this month, its performance will be reported under the Money Market Funds section.
The Year-to-Date (January to August 2007) performance of the four money market funds in the Philippines are:
- Philequity Money Market Fund, Inc. – 2.86%
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund, Inc. – 1.35%
- Legacy TD Fund, Inc. – (1.15%)
- ATR Kimeng Money Market Fund, Inc. – (2.21%)
In terms of monthly growth, that is, increase in NAVPS from July to August 2007, the best performing funds are:
- Philequity Money Market Fund, Inc. – 0.47%
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund, Inc. – 0.19%
- Legacy TD Fund, Inc. – (0.14%)
- ATR Kimeng Money Market Fund, Inc. – (0.31%)
Click HERE for a high-resolution image of the graph.
For more articles, check our Mutual Funds section.
Discuss Money Market Mutual Funds in the Mutual Funds and UITF board in the PMT Forum.
All figures were taken from the Investment Company of the Philippines (ICAP) site at www.icap.com.ph. Please report any errors or omissions in the preceding graphs so we can rectify it accordingly.
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- money market philippines
- money market in the philippines
- money market funds philippines
- money market fund
- money market funds
- best money market rate in the philippines