Performance returns of mutual funds in the Philippines
November 27, 2006
Updates July 2010:
- Mutual Funds Philippines Report – 2009
- Mutual Funds Philippines Report – 2008
- Mutual Funds Philippines Report – 2007
- More articles about Philippine Mutual Funds Performance
Following is a summary of performance returns of Philippine mutual funds as of the week ended November 24, 2006.
As always, when analyzing mutual funds you should not simply look at the NAVPS or Net Asset Value per Share. This number does not necessarily tell you whether the fund is performing well or not, but the change of the NAVPS over time does. Never assume that a fund with a high NAVPS means it is generating high returns. You need to look at actual returns of the fund over a certain time horizon.
Highlights of this week’s results
- Stock funds reversed the trend last week wherein all funds grew on a week to week basis with only two funds this week advancing some points — First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund and ATR-Kim Eng Equity Opportunity Fund — while the rest backtracked.
- This week’s top three equity funds in terms of YTD return: (1) First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund – 63.05%; (2) Philequity Fund, Inc. – 45.32%; (3) ATR-Kim Eng Equity Opportunity Fund – 38.81%.
- Mixed performance this week for the balanced funds, with two funds gaining while four funds losing. Gainers: First Galleon Family Fund, Inc., and MFCP Kabuhayan Fund; Losers: GSIS Kinabukasan Fund, Legacy HY Fund, Inc., Philam Fund, Inc., and Sunlife Prosperity Balanced Fund, Inc.
- SunLife’s Dollar Advantage Fund grew a few percentage points this week.
- This week’s top three equity funds in terms of YTD return: (1) GSIS Kinabukasan Fund – 34.74%; (2) MFCP Kabuhayan Fund – 32.37%; (3) Philam Fund, Inc. – 30.40%.
- More peso-denominated bond funds lost ground last week, as only five funds increased while seven funds lost value. Gainers: Cocolife Fized Income Fund, Inc., Ekklesia Mutual Fund, First Metro Save and Learn Fixed Income Fund, Grepalife Fixed Income Fund, Inc., and Philam Managed Income Fund. Losers: ATR-Kim Eng Fixed Income Fund, Ayala Life Fixed Income Fund, Inc., Legacy GS Fund, Inc., Philam Bond Fund, Inc., Prudential Fixed Income Fund, Inc., Sunlife Prosperity Bond Fund, Inc., and Sunlife Prosperity GS Fund.
- The story is different for foreign currency-denominated bond funds as all funds advanced compared to the previous week.
- This week’s top three peso bond funds in terms of YTD return: (1) Ekklesia Mutual Fund – 18.74%; (2) Prudential Fixed Income Fund, Inc. – 14.02%; (3) Philam Bond Fund, Inc. – 12.73%.
- This week’s top three foreign currency-denominated bond funds in terms of YTD return: (1) Sunlife Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund (USD$) – 7.57%; (2) Grepalife Dollar Bond Fund (USD$) – 7.19%; (3) Philam Dollar Bond Fund, Inc. (USD$) – 6.96%.
Money market funds
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund grew again this week while Legacy TD Fund, Inc. lost some points.
Discuss this in the Mutual funds, UITF and other investments board in the PMT Forum.
Read more about mutual funds:
- Investing in Mutual Funds
- 2008 Performance of Philippine Mutual Funds
- Best Mutual Funds in the Philippines in 2007
- Discussion Forum: Mutual Funds and UITF
[tags]mutual funds Philippines, Philippine mutual fund, daily returns, weekly returns, mutual fund performance, Net Asset Value per Share[/tags]
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- ATR kim eng equity opportunity fund net asset value
- gsis kabuhayan mutual funds
- kabuhayan fund philippines
- sunlife dollar advantage fund