If you’re already done with our Stock Trading Tutorial, you’re probably now ready to take that first step towards investing in the stock market. First, you need to choose your broker. Here’s our list of online stockbrokers in the Philippines.
A popular online trading platform in the country is CitisecOnline. The company is a 99.9% Filipino-owned domestic corporation which started commercial operations in 2001.
How to open a CitisecOnline account?
1. Download and completely fill out these forms which contain the Individual Customer Account Information Form (CAIF), Online Securities Trading Agreement and Signature Cards.
2. Prepare two (2) copies of any valid ID and one (1) latest copy of your utility bill, bank statement or credit card statement.
3. Send all requirements to CitisecOnline.com, Inc.
- Address: CitisecOnline.com Inc., Business Center 2403-B East Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Centre, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines 1605
- Telephone Number: (632) 6-333-777
- Fax Number: (632) 636-3512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Wait for the confirmation of your account to be sent to the email address you wrote on your application forms.
What is the minimum amount needed to open a CitisecOnline trading account?
For Starter (Student) and COL Easy Investment Program (EIP) accounts, the minimum deposit is Php5,000. For Regular trading accounts, the minimum deposit is Php25,000.
How do I fund my account?
Deposit the funds to the following bank accounts. The account name is: CitisecOnline.com, Inc.
- Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC SA# 000-059-998-070)
- Security Bank (Security Bank SA# 0273-012462-001)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI SA# 004011-0049-33)
- Banco de Oro (BDO SA# 343-004909-6)
Indicate in your deposit slip For the Account of (FAO): Your Name and Account Number if available. Then fax a copy to CitisecOnline accounting department at (632) 634-6958 for validation.
When can I start trading?
Once your funds have been received and cleared (for check deposits), you will receive an 8-number User ID and electronically generated Password by email. You can start trading once you see your online account has been funded.
- Stocks and Stock Trading Tutorial and Tips
- How to open a bank account in the Philippines
- How to open a BPITrade stock trading account
- Discussion Forum: Philippine Stocks and PSE listed firms
- List of Online Stockbrokers in the Philippines