Best Performing Mutual Funds (2nd Quarter 2008)
July 8, 2008
Here is a list of mutual funds in the country ranked according to their performance from the start of 2008 until the end of the second quarter (end-June 2008).
The rate of return is usually a good measure of performance, but do note that other things such as consistency of return and exposure to risks need to be assessed before you make a placement in any investment fund.
Past performance is not always indicative of future performance.
Gross returns of mutual funds in the Philippines from January to June 2008 below.
Year-to-Date (YTD) Performance of Philippine Mutual Funds (as of 2nd Quarter 2008)
Equity Funds (primarily invested in Peso equity securities)
- United Fund – (10.21%)
- First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund – (17.91%)
- ATR KimEng Equity Opportunity Fund – (22.87%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Phil. Equity Fund – (25.48%)
- Philequity PSE Index Fund – (25.79%)
- Philequity Fund – (26.77%)
- Philam Strategic Growth Fund – (26.92%)
- Philippine Stock Index Fund – (32.06%)
Balanced Funds (primarily invested in Peso debt and equity securities)
- First Metro Save and Learn Balanced Fund Inc. – 1.29%
- First Galleon Family Fund – 0.28%
- Optima Balanced Fund – (16.9%)
- MFCP Kabuhayan Fund – (17.09%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Balanced Fund – (18.96%)
- GSIS Mutual Fund – (23.23%)
- Philam Fund, Inc. - (24.02%)
Foreign Currency-denominated Balanced Funds
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Advantage Fund – (3.96%)
Bond Funds (primarily invested in Peso debt securities)
- Cocolife Fixed Income Fund – 1.94%
- ALFM Peso Bond Fund – 1.24%
- Philam Managed Income Fund – 0.77%
- Ekklesia Mutual Fund – 0.49%
- First Metro Save and Learn Fixed Income Fund – (0.42%)
- Legacy GS Fund – (0.85%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Bond Fund – (1.56%)
- Philam Bond Fund – (3.15%)
- Prudentialife Fixed Income Fund – (5.41%)
- Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund – (7.39%)
Foreign Currency-denominated Bond Funds
- AIG Global Bond Fund Phils. – 2.16%
- ALFM Dollar Bond Fund – 1.48%
- Philequity Dollar Income Fund – 0.38%
- ALFM Euro Bond Fund – 0.36%
- Grepalife Fixed Income Fund Corp. – (0.10%)
- Philam Dollar Bond Fund – (1.12%)
- Grepalife Dollar Bond Fund – (1.67%)
- MAA Privilege Dollar Fixed Income Fund – (2.77%)
- MAA Privilege Euro Fixed Income Fund – (5.66%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund – (6.70%)
Money Market Funds (primarily invested in short-term Peso securities)
- Philequity Money Market Fund – (0.82%)
- Legacy TD Fund – (0.84%)
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund – (0.92%)
- ATR KimEng Money Market Fund – (5.29%)
* Figures in (xxx) denote a loss.
All figures taken from the Investment Company Association of the Philippines website (www.icap.com.ph).
To learn more about mutual fund investing, visit the Mutual Funds section of this site.
Discuss mutual funds, UITFs, and other investment opportunities in the Mutual Fund and UITF Discussion Board of the Forum.
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- top mutual fund performer for 2008