How to Franchise: McDonald’s in the Philippines
Interested to get your own McDonald’s franchise?
Here are relevant information that can help you understand how to franchise, how much you need and who to contact to start your own franchise of McDonald’s in the Philippines.
About the McDonald’s Franchise
More than 80% of McDonald’s restaurants all over the world are owned by franchisees. In the Philippines, McDonald’s opened its doors to franchising in 1985, and has since expanded its network to over 150 franchised restaurants nationwide.
McDonald’s franchisees, also called Owner/Operators, play a major role in the System’s success. Choosing McDonald’s means joining the force behind one of the world’s successful and most loved brands and becoming part of a global network of successful and motivated entrepreneurs.
As a McDonald’s Philippines Owner/Operator, franchisees gain the following advantages:
- Extensive support system to cover all aspects of the business, which includes operations, supply chain, and marketing support throughout the entire franchise term
- World class training to deliver world class service and business success
- Access to world class suppliers that provide the necessary goods and services that go into great-tasting food and excellent services that customers enjoy
- A peer network of over 65 franchisees locally, and the McDonald’s network of over 27,000 employees nationwide
Main Products and/or Services Offered
- Burger McDo
- Big Mac
- Big n’ Tasty
- Quarter Pounder
- Twister Fries
- Caramel Sundae
- Happy Meal
Total Franchise Cost / Investment
P30 million to P50 million
The above cost depends on the following factors:
- Restaurant size
- Suitability of existing building
- Site location whether provincial or within Metro Manila
- Equipment specifications involved based on the kind of menu offering (regular or limited menu line). In all cases, however McDonald’s specifies and approves the menu offerings.
Standard Package Inclusions
- Architectural Planning and Design Fees
- Building and leasehold improvements and other relevant site works necessary
- Kitchen, air-conditioning and exhaust equipment
- Cash registers
- Emergency generators
- Seating, signages and décor
- Other furniture and fixtures
The Franchising Department
17th Floor, Citibank Center Bldg.
8741 Paseo de Roxas St.,Makati City
8888-500 local 5000
Sources: Official Company Website