How to activate Facebook Timeline in 3 easy steps
September 26, 2011
You’ve probably heard it now: the latest feature that social networking site Facebook will soon launch is the Timeline. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg explained during the f8 Developer Conference last week that the Timeline enables users to tell “the story of your life — all your stories, all your apps and a new way to express who you are.”
Facebook Timeline will be activated for all user accounts in October 2011 but you can enable it right now using three (3) easy steps below.
What the Facebook Timeline is about
First what is Timeline and how is it different from the current Profile?
Zuckerberg hinted that current User Profile page we’re all accustomed to will be redesigned to become the Timeline — a chronological arrangement of all updates — posts, likes, photos, comments — that you made on Facebook since you opened an account. Wait, actually with the Timeline, you can even add updates on dates and events that you missed which means you can establish your own life story prior to joining Facebook. Yup, you can now even add an update about the date you were still in your mother’s womb about to be born in this world.
New Features in the Timeline
With the new Facebook Timeline, users can now add a “Cover” — basically a large photo that sits atop the User Profile. It functions like a regular header and although it’s nice to be able to customize it, I prefer the ability to customize the skin or theme of my entire page.
It’s also now easy to go back to any update you did on Facebook — whenever that may be. Thanks to the timeline link at the top-right side of the page, it’s now possible to reminisce the very first post that you made on Facebook then jump to the pics of your birthday celebration one year ago then switch to that funny joke posted by your then girlfriend in March 2007.
And as explained earlier, you can even add a “milestone” or “other life event” that you failed to post in the past. Got your driving license on November 2008 but failed to brag about it? Discovered just now a photo of your pet dog when it was still one month old in September 2009? Missed uploading a video of the singing contest that you joined on February 14, 2010? It’s now possible to “insert” these life moments anywhere in your Timeline.
Ready to try the Timeline before everybody else? Here now are the steps.
How to enable Facebook Timeline in 3 easy steps
2. Customize Open Graph. Once you’re done with the CAPTCHA security key and the page has reloaded, click the Open Graph link located at the left-hand sidebar. Define one “action” and one “object” for your app — say, “read” a “book” or “watch” a “movie” — then click the Get Started button. Don’t worry about the “action” and the “object,” any simple action and object will do as long as you don’t use Facebook’s trademark names. Ocne the “Action Type” page has loaded, don’t do or change anything else and just scroll to the bottom to click the Save Changes and Next button.
3. Activate Timeline. You’re almost done! Head over to your account’s Home page and you will see a big invite to enable Timeline. Click the Get It Now button and voila! Facebook Timeline is yours!
Click for more interesting, useful and related posts:
- facebook timeline
- timeline in facebook
- timeline facebook
- timeline of facebook
- how to activate facebook timeline
- timeline on facebook
- how to activate timeline
- facebook timeline philippines
- timeline facebook activation
- how to timeline facebook