PMT Forum

News: Easy access to the Top 7 Most Popular discussion boards! Check them out on top of the PMT Forum homepage!

Search Money Investments
Shortcut to PMT Forum topics!

Click LIKE, TWEET or +1 to earn PMT Badges!

Author Topic: JOB SECURITY VS. FINANCIAL SECURITY  (Read 5880 times)

Offline pulubing_palaboy

• Forum Hero
  • One Serendra's Resident Bum
  • Awards PMT Lounge Addict Always Present! (in September 2014) Always Present! (in August 2014) Tambay ng PMT Forum! Always Present! (in July 2014) Member of the Month (Almost) Perfect Attendance in 2013! Member since 2009 Chikador / Chikadora
    • Awards
Re: JOB SECURITY VS. FINANCIAL SECURITY
« Reply #45 on: Nov 05, 2011, 06:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • The idea of a safe and secure job today is already an OBSOLETE IDEA.

Guys, do you still cling to job security?

Still cling to a high paying job?
    why did you say that?
    how could you say that?
    what is your basis in saying that?
    have you done an extensive research on this topic?
    what's your personal experience?

Offline vicces

• VIP Member
      • Awards
    « Reply #46 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • u only want job security so you can be sure you have steady income in the form of salary to sustain you and your family. if you already have financial security (meaning you have enough money to spend for the rest of your life), then you dont have to work..
    "If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor." Albert Einstein

Offline Remoh33

• Probie
      • Awards
    « Reply #47 on: Apr 22, 2012, 07:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • I would pick financial security over job security. If I had the former, I would find something that would make me more money instead of just buying only material things.

Use that money to enjoy life, travel, etc, but also help your family and others in need that are grateful. :)
    The only secure employment is self-employment. Learning to trade Forex as a business is the best self-employment opportunity available to you today. www.forextradingathome.org/members/aff/go?r=152

PMT Forum

« Reply #47 on: Apr 22, 2012, 07:52 AM »

* * * * * sponsored links * * * * *

Offline tmomedrano

• Awards
    « Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 02:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • siting RK... Money is debt... "holding on to job security is like a monkey holding to food in a trap"... working for money (not enough for most of us) that loses its value and being taxed before even being given your wages. Im here in the real estate industry more to learn (sales skills which I really suck at: I'm too honest hehe and learning the in and outs of the industry) rather than make money, the opportunity to make money though is not bad at all with our commissions.
    Photography (www.timmedrano.com)/ Graphic Design/ Real Estate (Century Properties Inc.) Contact me through timothy.medrano@gmail.com if you have a project of ours you'd like to invest in. :)

Offline tycoon2012

• Awards
    « Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 08:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Both!  :D

but if any of the two then Financial Security. masarap ang walang iniisip kahit mawalan ng job.

Offline GIG

• Forum Expert
    • Carpe diem
    • Awards Member of the Month Member since 2009 PMT Lounge Addict Stocks Superstar
      • Awards
    « Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • A taipan ask two greenhorns what would they prefer. Being employed and earning 1M per month or owning the business that gives the same income of 1million pesos?

Just remembered this story when reading the posts.

Offline Dodong_Simple

• Full-Time Poster
      • Awards
    « Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 09:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well obviously financial security... The main purpose for looking and having a job is to sustain your financial needs... Having financial security simply means no need to look for a job. However, I would rather have a business or any means that can make my money grow. With more money, I can share it to others which will make my money more useful and meaningful ...
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:18 PM by Dodong_Simple »

Offline wiggy

• Posting Whiz
    • Awards Member since 2009
      • Awards
    « Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • The ultimate goal for any modern living man is financial security, although this is usually related to having a stable and profitable business, but it doesn't mean you can't be financially secured by having a stable and well earning job. Especially if you are already an executive of a company with all the bonuses, health, retirement benefits that an average business cannot give you.

But still the ultimate goal is financial security either thru business, investments, a successful career  or all of these, coupled with good money handling discipline.

Offline allanmm13

• Forum Expert
    • Awards Banking and Insurance Boss Member since 2007 PMT Lounge Addict Investments Idol
      • Awards
    « Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 02:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • but it doesn't mean you can't be financially secured by having a stable and well earning job. Especially if you are already an executive of a company with all the bonuses, health, retirement benefits that an average business cannot give you.
    I think the basic question here is.. Would you like to have financially security by working for others? Or having a business/investment working for you?

Besides, is there's a stable job nowadays? Maybe 20 yrs ago that was applicable. Ngayon kasi due to technological advancement and globalization, the job market has shifted away from its long term tenure concept.

Another thing, what if you become incapacitated to work as a high executive due to health issues or kahit ano pa? Would the "promise" of company benefits will salvage you? Di ba you will be a "liability" more than as an "asset" to the company ..

But still the ultimate goal is financial security either thru business, investments, a successful career  or all of these, coupled with good money handling discipline.
    This is probably the best approach we can look on.. Having multiple sources for the security we want.
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:48 PM by allanmm13 »
    Pinoy Cashflow-Financial Bootcamp in Dubai & Abu Dhabi Bootcamp Primer - CLICK HERE UAE - 0557235749, pinoyfinancialbootcamp@gmail.com

Offline wiggy

• Posting Whiz
      • Awards
    « Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 04:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • ^ Yes nothing is permanent, your health and even you business and investments. I think I forgot to define that for me being financially secure is always an on going process. You can stop and live with your passive income for a while but sooner or later you would need to make sure that it continues that way.

For me given a choice between an executive position with all the perks and having an average income business, I'd still choose the executive position in this case, with the largest/fastest cashflow and more security in terms of health benefits and retirement plan. Financially secure? Yes, but only at that given time.

Having a profitable and stable business that can cover all my expenses, financially secure? Yes, but only at that given time. Having a business IS hardwork. The moment na isipin ko I can now play golf all month long, like there's no cut-throat competion, that my people can handle everything na, my business is bound to fail na.
    Same scenario/discipline in handling investments, especially if you don't protect them from all the 'legal' hocus pocus nowadays.

As an example, I have two uncles who were "financially secure", one was because of being a top rank executive, another was because of a booming business in the 90's. It was just unfortunate na sa isang 'source' of income lang sila nag rely.
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:06 PM by wiggy »

Offline bauer

• VIP Member
    • Awards Member of the Month PMT Lounge Addict Banking and Insurance Boss Investments Idol PSE Stock Trader Real Estate Mogul Member since 2008 Stocks Superstar
      • Awards
    « Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 04:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • As an example, I have two uncles who were "financially secure", one was because of being a top rank executive, another was because of a booming business in the 90's. It was just unfortunate na sa isang 'source' of income lang sila nag rely.

Why unfortunate? what happened?

Offline wiggy

• Posting Whiz
      • Awards
    « Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 04:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • * Executive uncle:

He was really successful in climbing the corporate ladder. BIG bonuses, health plan for him and his family, occational vacation trips, provided by the company. Di kasya ang cars nila sa relatively big house nila. Yun nga lang when he retired (with a huge retirment pay), dun palang siya nag-isip mag business, unfortunately hindi pinalad ang business ventures.

* Businessman uncle:

A booming business in the 90's. If a regular employee works for 40 hours a week, he works for 50 hours. Business was great. Then huthutan siya ng mga corrupt government officials, hassle at bawas kita talaga. Until it came to a point that siguro for him the business structure was 'perfect' na, maybe it was na talaga. Eventually di na nag-evolve yung business and became outdated na.

Offline bauer

• VIP Member
    • Awards Member of the Month PMT Lounge Addict Banking and Insurance Boss Investments Idol PSE Stock Trader Real Estate Mogul Member since 2008 Stocks Superstar
      • Awards
    « Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 04:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • wiggy,

what do you think is the best alternative to avoid the sad stories of your uncles?

Offline wiggy

• Posting Whiz
      • Awards
    « Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 04:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • I really do have high respect for them, but I'll say this as lesson learned nalang for me. Hoping it would work better for me.

1. The best way to start a business (or investing) is while you still have a job/inheritance. Not when you're retired na, and its your last single bullet.

2. Sabi nga sa business school: a business model must be forever be evolving with the market trends.

3. Whatever opportunity you have at the moment, business or career, pagbutihan mo.

4. Self-control in your spending habits (and vices) is important.

5. Ang pinaka-importante: in everything you do ask for God's guidance.
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:46 PM by wiggy »

Offline bembmd

• start-up tycoon
      • Awards
    « Reply #59 on: Jun 14, 2012, 06:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yes, job security may be the best "first-step" sa ating mga pinoy, unless you have a rich family.

I have a job for six days, working at home. Very plenty of time para humarap sa net at mag-research. My parents are also employees but we have small businesses that give us passive income.

I also have a very good saving technique, I'm sure most of you know it but I modified some of it to fit my income. Right now I'm planning to start a small business of my own, so if I fail then I fail early and learn early.

PMT Forum

« Reply #59 on: Jun 14, 2012, 06:04 PM »
    * * * * * sponsored links * * * * *