PMT Forum

News: **NEW!** The 7 most popular PMT Forum discussion boards are now on top! Check out the Forum homepage!

Search Money Investments
Shortcut to PMT Forum topics!

Click LIKE, TWEET or +1 to earn PMT Badges!

Author Topic: IMG -- International Marketing Group. Any info?  (Read 21930 times)

Offline jbigboner

• Awards
IMG -- International Marketing Group. Any info?
« on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hello everyone!  :hello:

I'm a newbie in investing and I have been doing my research and trying my best to understand everything you guys are discussing. Honestly I prefer investing in mutual funds because I don't really think I have the time or expertise to check the stock market day in day out.

I just wanted to get more information about IMG and what they are really about since a couple of weeks ago I joined one of thier seminars. In the seminar they told us that they are not going to sell us anything and that they are not an insurance company. They also kept telling us that they are going to teach us to be our own financial experts and educate us how to be a good investor. We also need to complete the whole course or attend all 31 seminars or sessions. However, for us to continue with the seminar we need to be a member of IMG and to be a member we need to pay P3,900.00. I then asked what's the P3.9K for and what they told me made me feel uneasy. The P2,500 is for the membership and we will also get this kit that will help us to be a successfull investor. The remaining P900 will be for our license because if we wanted to invest we need to have a license ( license stock broker? ). After all that we were then told that we need to get ourselves to be insured so that we are fully protected, in case we have a sudden sickness, accident or if we die too early, so technically we will be protected and also our  investments.

I could never recall when I first made my investment in mutual find that there's a need to do all this? What do you think? Is this for real or they are just scamming me?

Oh yeah let me add this part, it felt and sounded like "pyramiding."

What ever information or education, good or bad I get from this post will be greatly appreciated. Thank you po.  :rakenrol:
    « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2012, 12:38 PM by FutureGizmo »

Offline hornetsnest29

• Awards
    Re: A little help and advise. What is IMG?
    « Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2011, 09:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Jbig,

IMG is International Marketing Group. Think of it like this: McDonalds is selling Coca-Cola but McDonald does not manufacture Coca-Cola. They're merely distributing the Coca-Cola products. IMG is like McDonalds. They are merely distributing investment and healthcare products from other providers. IMG is legitimate. It's registered in SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission). I understand your position. And it's good that you exercise prudence. Of course you can invest in mutual funds without paying the P3900. That P3900 is only if you want to become a broker meaning you want to earn commissions by offering the healthcare and investment products distributed by IMG to others. But if you don't want to become a broker, you can still invest. You don't need to pay P3900. The problem is so many brokers in IMG wants to make a sale instead of really helping the people first. I too am a broker in IMG but I don't force people to join the group if they don't want. I want to make this clear: YOU CAN INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS OR ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED BY IMG WITHOUT PAYING THE P3900. JUST GO TO THE CASHIER AND ASK FOR A FORM (OF YOUR DESIRED MUTUAL FUND COMPANY) AND FILL UP THAT FORM THEN START INVESTING.

Regarding insurance/healthcare, it's up to you if you want to have one. If you don't, then don't get one. And one more thing, IMG is not pyramiding or networking. Although it could be mistaken for one if you do not really understand the concept of pyramiding and networking. It's a legitimate company. You can check with SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) also and verify everything.

God bless you and be successful,

Josh Royon

Offline ryknox

• Full-Time Poster
    • KISS - keep it simple stupid !
      • Awards
    « Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 09:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Now i know what IMG means . . hehe :thankyou:
    its all in the MINDSET; thoughts are the root of your Results . . Assets > Liabilities

PMT Forum

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 09:52 PM »

* * * * * sponsored links * * * * *

Offline indulgence

• Posting Whiz
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:25 AM »
  • Publish

• It's nice to have people like hornetsnest29 here in PMT.
    Thanks for the infos that you provided Sir/Ma'am!

Godbless!

Offline thebesttrader

• Awards
    « Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2011, 02:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • You have chosen the wrong path. stick with the basics. This is a big misunderstanding. No one has the right to question the authority of rod alex and doc.

Offline freefront

• VIP Member
    • Awards PSE Stock Trader News Genius Music Maniac Member of the Month Sweet Lover Member since 2008 PMT Lounge Addict Banking and Insurance Boss Investments Idol Stocks Superstar Chikador / Chikadora
      • Awards
    « Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2011, 08:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • ^You should always have the right to question authority. It does not make for an easy life, but you should have the right.

Besides, if they are up to no good (and I'm not saying they are), it would make them hone their methods better! Ingat!

Offline thebesttrader

• Awards
    « Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well I agree... we should enter at the right percentile. but have you factored in disaster risk mitigation?

Offline allanmm13

• Forum Expert
    • Awards Banking and Insurance Boss Member since 2007 PMT Lounge Addict Investments Idol
      • Awards
    « Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2011, 06:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have been using IMG as my broker here Dubai for the last 2yrs on my MF investments there in the Philippines.
    I use the "value added services" like courier of MF documents from/to Dubai-Manila instead of me paying for these extra expenses + normal market update from RSA about investing in the Philippines.

A co-PMT member is on process on transferring her GSIS MF from in-house to IMG Brokerage so she can get her certificates for delivery free of cost here in UAE.

Pinoy Cashflow-Financial Bootcamp in Dubai & Abu Dhabi Bootcamp Primer - CLICK HERE UAE - 0557235749, pinoyfinancialbootcamp@gmail.com

Offline hornetsnest29

• Awards
    « Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • @indulgence:your welcome. God bless you too.

Offline gatsmavi

• Full-Time Poster
      • Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 04:18 PM »
  • Publish
  • What do u think guys if better mag member sa img or not?

Offline gatsmavi

• Full-Time Poster
      • Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • follow up question po.ibig sabihin pede pala mag-invest kahit di member?anong klaseng fund po ba hawak ng img?sorry po noobie lang.help lang po para sa kinabukasan ng kids ko.thank you

Offline allanmm13

• Forum Expert
    • Awards Banking and Insurance Boss Member since 2007 PMT Lounge Addict Investments Idol
      • Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 02:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • follow up question po.ibig sabihin pede pala mag-invest kahit di member?anong klaseng fund po ba hawak ng img?sorry po noobie lang.help lang po para sa kinabukasan ng kids ko.thank you

If you want to attend the entire Personal Financial Worshop series, then you need to be a member.
    Otherwise, if your capable to compute your financial goals without aid of others, knows your total goals in life, knows why savings is really important and knows the mechanism of investment/protection, then you can buy directly on the cashier.
    MFs handle by IMG are Philam, FAMI, Philequity. As far as I know, IMG don't have their own fund because they are in brokerage business not fund managing business.

Now which one of you here, its your decision moving forward.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:07 PM by allanmm13 »
    Pinoy Cashflow-Financial Bootcamp in Dubai & Abu Dhabi Bootcamp Primer - CLICK HERE UAE - 0557235749, pinoyfinancialbootcamp@gmail.com

Offline mxherr5

• Forum Jedi
    • Awards Member since 2007 Banking and Insurance Boss Investments Idol
      • Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • @Allan,

Have you tried to explore the possibility of being a member
    and thereby bypassing paying of sales load or it doesn't work
    that way?

Offline gatsmavi

• Full-Time Poster
      • Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 08:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • If you want to attend the entire Personal Financial Worshop series, then you need to be a member.
    Otherwise, if your capable to compute your financial goals without aid of others, knows your total goals in life, knows why savings is really important and knows the mechanism of investment/protection, then you can buy directly on the cashier.
    MFs handle by IMG are Philam, FAMI, Philequity. As far as I know, IMG don't have their own fund because they are in brokerage business not fund managing business.

Now which one of you here, its your decision moving forward.

thanks po sir allanmm13.ngayon alam ko na.isa pala silang broker.parang citisec kung sa stockmarket.mamimili pala ako kung saang hawak na mutual fund nila ako invest.sa tingin ko po pa member ako para mas may matutunan ng marami.may member ba ng img dito?please pa share naman ng info na dapt kung pakinggan sa kanila at yung dapat tanggihan.maraming salamat

Offline allanmm13

• Forum Expert
      • Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 09:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • @gatsmavi
    Citisec is purely stock brokerage. Citisec is geared to people who are self directed investor/trader with stocks.
    IMG is financial brokerage (savings, investments, protection). Geared towards people who likes non active investing like mutual funds.

@mxherr5
    I became a member here sa Dubai in 2009.
    Im not much about the sales load stuff of the MF, since by default, I have been savings in MF as part of my goals.

PMT Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 09:32 PM »
    * * * * * sponsored links * * * * *