PMT Forum

News: Easy access to the Top 7 Most Popular discussion boards! Check them out on top of the PMT Forum homepage!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Click LIKE, TWEET or +1 to earn PMT Badges!

Author Topic: HELP: Is PRU Life UK in trouble?  (Read 14838 times)

Offline milo012007

• Thanks Received: 0
HELP: Is PRU Life UK in trouble?
« on: Jul 09, 2008, 03:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • I need some info with PRU life UK.  I invested in PRU Life UK's Bond Fund - USD in 2005 and Bond Fund - PHP just last year.  After my PHP bond fund turned 1 year, i was forced to withdraw my investment since i lost more than 25% of the fund but I still left my USD bond fund with them.

Now, based on the performance of my USD bond fund, it would seem that i am losing 1.3% per week! O am really frustrated because when i talk to their call center (8875433, 8570707, 8848484), they could not answer my questions like where are they investing my money? they said that they are investing in stocks but it's my understanding that only a small % of the fund is invested in stocks. they could not answer where exactly they invest the money.  I dont want to wait 1 year for their delayed yearly report to get my answers!

It didn't help that my agent left the country and the contact person she gave, another agent, is not reachable most of the time and when i get the chance to talk to her, does not get back to me as per our agreement for the answers to my questions.

I also got some info on the news yesterday that an investor connected with PRU LIFE Uk is being investigated in connection with the Fertilizer Scam.

Please help me, do I pull out my USD investment with PRU LIFE UK? It seems that all of the gains that I got last 3 years from my USD bon fund has been wiped out already. I just recently did a top up, can I demand to cancel my top up given the lousy service that they are providing me?  I was surprised that they deducted 15% initial fee from my top up which is very different from the 5% that they advertise.  And again, their call center or agents could not answer me why the deductions amounted to 15%!

For the seasoned investors, Please help me with your important advise.. =(

Offline freedomfighter

• Forum Champion
    Re: HELP: Is PRU Life UK in trouble?
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2008, 04:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2008, 05:00 PM by freedomfighter »
    The secret to achieving financial freedom is to build and create "MSI" or "Multiple Sources of Income!"

Offline SirYuri90

• Posting Guru
    • Yes!!!
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2008, 06:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • i suggest to try finding an alternative...
    "Discipline is the basic set of tools we require to solve life's problems. Without discipline we can solve nothing. With only some discipline we can solve only some problems. With total disci

PMT Forum

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2008, 06:01 PM »

* * * * * sponsored links * * * * *

Offline voltes5

• Posting Whiz
    • B4 borrowing from a friend, decide hu u need more
    « Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2008, 07:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • maybe you invested it in an equity laced vul, i think every month they deduct from you premiums for the insurance part. maybe what your looking for is a mutual fund or uitf investment.
    "In this country you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

Offline freedomfighter

• Forum Champion
    « Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2008, 08:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2008, 08:28 PM by freedomfighter »
    The secret to achieving financial freedom is to build and create "MSI" or "Multiple Sources of Income!"

Offline edwinfriend

• Probie
    « Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2008, 10:31 AM »
  • Publish

• Offline bauer

• VIP 4500
    • Thanks Received: 12
    « Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2008, 01:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • milo,

mukhang tama si voltes5, baka naman mutual fund type investment yan na may kasamang insurance.  pag may insurance talaga, may premium payments. baka yun ang ibinabawas sa account mo.  kung wala na ang agent mo, then check your policy or contract. read all the terms (specially small fonts).

ok naman ang prulife pati rin sunlife.

kung uitf type of funds naman yan, normally, and bond fund ay maliit ang earnings pero i dont think na mag negative sya kasi when you say bonds (its either government or corporate loans) unless puro corpo loans ang investment at nalugi ang kumpanya kaya bumaba ang unit value.

again pls check all your documents given by prulife UK
    join me on twitter @ bauerfilipino

Offline foolcha

• Posting Whiz
    « Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2008, 08:43 AM »
  • Publish

• milo,

kung uitf type of funds naman yan, normally, and bond fund ay maliit ang earnings pero i dont think na mag negative sya kasi when you say bonds (its either government or corporate loans) unless puro corpo loans ang investment at nalugi ang kumpanya kaya bumaba ang unit value.

again pls check all your documents given by prulife UK

No, it doesn't work that way with bonds or any other fixed income investments. UITF/Mutual Funds/VUL uses MTM valuation. So if you are invested in a bond/money market fund, the return of the fund will be dependent on the interest rates, if interest rate went up it will have a negative effect on the fund.
    « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008, 08:44 AM by foolcha »

Offline pulidowinstone

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2008, 04:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Milo,

I suggest you wait for the annual report to policy holders.  There you will see the Portfolio Statement of the Prulink USD Bond Fund.  You will see the breakdown of the specific dollar bonds PRULIFE UK invests in.  

If you see the portfolio profile, it is invested in US Dollar Bond accounts of the Philippine Gov't, Landbank, Development Bank, US treasury and PLDT.

88% are invested in Phil Gov't Bonds, 8% in Phil. Quasi Gov't Bonds, 1% in US Gov't Bonds, 1% Cash, 2% Phil. Corp. bonds.

So if the Call center agents would reply you with this details, you will be left hanging and confused with all this technical stuff!

The bottom line is that your money is invested in Dollar Bond Funds.  What is happening to Pru Life UK, is common to all investments of this type in all companies engaged in VUL products, given the economic situation of the US right now.

And VUL products are usually medium to long term investments, since you said you only invested last year, it was best to make you investment recover since bonds are the safest compared to equities.  

It is best to contact any Pru Life Branch near you and request for an agent that could best serve you.
    Posted on: Aug 14, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Milo,

Visit the government website : www.insurance.gov.ph.  

There you will see the financial standings and statistics of insurance companies. :hello:

Offline bauer

• VIP 4500
    • Thanks Received: 12
    « Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2008, 03:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • foolcha,

you are right mark to market ang bond and fixed income fund. hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit kailangang bumaba nang husto or mag negative ang returns mo sa daily price per unit.  pero yung principle na "when interest are up, bond prices goes down" e tama rin. iba lang ang naisip kong "tamang computation".  

anyway, that's why i am now avoiding uitf na bonds or fixed income funds precisely for the said reasons.
    join me on twitter @ bauerfilipino

Offline mikedg

• Associate Member
    « Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2008, 07:56 PM »
  • Publish

• foolcha,

you are right mark to market ang bond and fixed income fund. hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit kailangang bumaba nang husto or mag negative ang returns mo sa daily price per unit.  pero yung principle na "when interest are up, bond prices goes down" e tama rin. iba lang ang naisip kong "tamang computation".  

anyway, that's why i am now avoiding uitf na bonds or fixed income funds precisely for the said reasons.

Hi bauer!!

I would like to invite to take a peek on the Land Banking Investment opportunity at www.waltoninternational.com... It is a good alternative in diversifying your investment portfolio. No correlation on stock volatility. And we are already here in the Philippines through Priority Wealth International Group, exclusive distributor of properties of Walton International Group. A 23.55% AUDITED simple annualized return, 30 years of expertise!

If you want to know more on it, just send me a message, and I can help you on it. or just text or call me at (+63) 915 428 0677.

Hoping a response from you bauer.

Thanks and Godbless!

Offline ianiiii

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2008, 02:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • why withdraw when the market is down unless you need it badly... lahat nman pataas eh in the long term kahit mga equities.

PMT Forum

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2008, 02:58 PM »
    * * * * * sponsored links * * * * *

PMT Shoutbox

Refresh History
    • blackwolf: Good Morning :)
      Aug 27, 2016, 09:54 AM
    • kogtong11: HI
      Aug 25, 2016, 08:41 PM
    • Sagradth: a nice place isn't it?
      Aug 25, 2016, 08:26 PM
    • nisaam: anyone so active?
      Aug 23, 2016, 04:17 PM
    • nisaam: Hello!
      Aug 23, 2016, 04:17 PM
    • forexfx4u: im new here, is there any place where one should introduce himself?
      Aug 23, 2016, 09:11 AM
    • forexfx4u: hello everyone
      Aug 23, 2016, 09:09 AM
    • Jayumaster: ola
      Aug 16, 2016, 04:54 PM
    • dwecks30: anu po ba tong PMT
      Aug 16, 2016, 10:05 AM
    • Patrickdesilva0319: Hi
      Aug 15, 2016, 07:07 PM
    • mark123: hello,, paano po dito mag post? di ko po makita sorry :D
      Aug 15, 2016, 01:28 PM
    • Mhe: Hello! I have a question po. My friend invested in bagnetified. Then after 3mos nag close yun store. What should do? Hindi na sya kinokontak, how she can return back her money? Kawawa naman. Yun konting ipon nya napunta doon at mawala na lang ng parang bula.
      Aug 13, 2016, 01:16 PM
    • brucewillis8: hello po
      Aug 11, 2016, 12:45 PM
    • k84u: @clouDee try SouthAsialink
      Aug 04, 2016, 11:47 AM
    • k84u: hello
      Aug 04, 2016, 11:30 AM
    • NicaShan: howdy
      Aug 03, 2016, 01:56 PM
    • ClouDee: Noob shout po. I need a couple of suggestions kung saang org or peer ang naglelend ng working capital para sa magsisimula pa lang na business, hndi po yung running na at ieexpand lang (ganito sa banks kaya no go ako). Thanks in advanced!
      Jul 29, 2016, 07:31 PM
    • samii0927: hi
      Jul 27, 2016, 09:55 PM
    • Sophie: hi
      Jul 27, 2016, 02:56 PM
    • sp.mbl.ron: asx hello
      Jul 26, 2016, 05:14 PM
    • asx2016: hello newbie here......
      Jul 26, 2016, 03:07 PM
    • zurfmaxx: hello sa lahat
      Jul 23, 2016, 04:00 AM
    • labamba: hello
      Jul 20, 2016, 02:58 PM
    • queenmore: hi guys
      Jul 19, 2016, 10:05 PM
    • mrbimnl: kuya na scam ka?
      Jul 15, 2016, 04:50 PM
    • jayjaytobi: maari lamang po na makipagcoordinate kayo sa akin kasi in kailangan ko pa ng mga kasamahan na magfile ng case against her.
      Jul 14, 2016, 11:52 AM
    • jayjaytobi: hi magandang hapon. sino na po dito ang nascam ni KATRINA C CRUZ./ MICHELLE MICHEE CRUZ
      Jul 14, 2016, 11:52 AM
    • maya2ph: gandang hapon sa lahat
      Jul 13, 2016, 05:22 PM
    • hart01: Hi po, newbie lang ako...kamusta kayo?
      Jul 13, 2016, 03:42 PM
    • annjoo: wish this forum was more active. sobrang interesting ng talks, want to learn more.
      Jul 12, 2016, 01:12 PM
    • esclabo: scorbabe, parang nagspam ng link na may lamang cryptolocker virus
      Jul 10, 2016, 07:59 PM
    • jamesmanding: Gudmorning
      Jul 08, 2016, 08:21 AM
    • Pinoy91: Hi need help in opening rice shop
      Jul 07, 2016, 04:34 PM
    • annjoo: hi. anybody interested in educating a newbie in the life insurance industry? thank you.
      Jul 04, 2016, 10:30 AM
    • Ryex321: hi ! sino my alam dito pwede ,ag personal loan ? madali lang process
      Jul 02, 2016, 06:40 AM
    • george88: bablita23 pinakamagandang gawin mo pumunta ka ng navotas fishport canvass ka dun tanong tanong then punta ka naman ngayon sa palengke magtanong ka magkano retail tapos compare mo sa navotas fishport malaki kita dyan pag ubos mo supply mo
      Jun 16, 2016, 03:54 PM
    • bablita23: Hi po, anyone can help? Gusto q po sana mag start na maging fish dealer. Baka pwede nyo po aq mapayuhan ng mga unang dapat gawin. Thank you po.
      Jun 15, 2016, 12:42 PM
    • freefront: Help! Where can I buy gutter guards? A big rat ran up the rainwater drainage pipe and ate all the new shoots of my Lemon Trees. I already went to 5 big hardware stores. Nothing. You know, the kind of metal guards you attach to the 4" pvc's that drain out onto the city gutter.......
      Jun 15, 2016, 08:45 AM
    • Nap: Hi guys kailangan ko ng truck na mababackloadan evry week pabalik ng manila mula sa south
      Jun 13, 2016, 07:35 PM
    • shiru: promise po i'll behave want ko lng malaman f anu ng status nmen...
      Jun 11, 2016, 10:58 AM
    • shiru: hopeless n tlga ko,need help para maopen fb ng asawa ko,plz anyone
      Jun 11, 2016, 10:57 AM
    • shiru: hi guys,newbie here,i need help
      Jun 11, 2016, 10:57 AM
    • Jotabs: I tried some interview but mostly people are shy to e press the active process
      Jun 10, 2016, 07:29 AM
    • Jotabs: Hahahq, to think I voted for duterte. I just wanted to start a simple money lending with security features. Paano kaya?
      Jun 10, 2016, 07:28 AM
    • jenofstructures: Mahirap ang bumbay style na lending, as hindi ito sinusuportahan ni Duterte.
      Jun 09, 2016, 06:53 AM
    • papavigo: sino dito nakaexperience na ng clickbank .willing to pay just teach me how to earn on clickbank.see me on my facebook account.Gilbert sausa vigo.salmat
      Jun 08, 2016, 09:02 PM
    • ardytenorio: @jotabs to start, know the market. alamin mo kung paano kalakaran sa loc mo. kung magkano interest at kung mode of payment. mas maganda kung mag-interview ng mga umuutang sa bumbay
      Jun 08, 2016, 01:23 PM
    • Jotabs: Anyone?
      Jun 08, 2016, 10:43 AM
    • Jotabs: I need some advice on how to start a bumbay style lending?
      Jun 08, 2016, 10:43 AM
    • rachelle_dammay: hi sa lahat newbie here :)
      Jun 07, 2016, 04:14 PM
    BloQcs design by Bloc
    SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
    SMFAds for Free Forums
    SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal