Adsense payments via Western Union in Bulgaria, Egypt, Lithuania, Morocco, Taiwan
August 13, 2008
Google Adsense publishers in five more countries will now be able to receive their earnings via Western Union, as Google expanded the service to include more countries.
Effective this month, Adsense publishers in Bulgaria, Egypt, Lithuania, Morocco, and Taiwan can now use Western Union to encash their earnings from Google Adsense, on top of other payment options such as checks or bank deposit.
The system was first introduced by Adsense back in September 2007 when it rolled out the Western Union Quick Cash payment option in nine countries.
Picking up the payment is free, but make sure you scout for the best exchange rate when you convert your money to local currency because Western Union branches have varying rates.
How do I sign up to receive AdSense payments by Western Union?
Complete the following steps:
- Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense.
- Visit the My Account tab.
- Click the ‘edit’ link adjacent to the ‘Payment Details’ header.
- Select the Western Union Quick Cash radio button.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your payment type.
How do I pick up a Western Union Quick Cash payment?
Do the following:
- Visit http://www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp to locate a Western Union Agent.
- Call the Western Union Agent to confirm that they offer the Quick Cash service.
- Bring the following information with you:
- a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s license, National ID etc)
- sender’s information: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Phone Number: 650-253-4000
- amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page
- your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page
A few things to remember:
- You need to bring a valid government issued ID (passport, social security ID, driver’s license, etc.) in order to pick up the payment
- You also need the sender’s information, payment amount and MTCN (which you can all find in your Payment History page in your Adsense account)
- You need to tell WU that you are picking up a Quick Cash payment
- You need to pick up the payment within 35 days of the payment or it will be credited back to your account